The Ideal Sponger Life - Vol. 8 Ch. 35 - Aura vs Freya

Double-page supporter
Uh, how did she disrespect anyone?
At this point I don't even remember what this chapter was about. Based on what I wrote before, she entered the room with expectations, felt that the people there were beneath her, and treated them in a condescending manner. That's disrespectful. How disrespectful would depend on who is in the room. Since I said "prove her love", I can assume that at least the prince consort is there. That would put this on the level of an international incident that could start a war, if the prince weren't such a nice guy. Very disrespectful. "I bring culture", at some point she must have said something about showing how much more advanced her people are, how much better her society is, and basically showing her ignorance about where she was as a whole. Assuming she's the better person because of where she came from, and behaving that way. Another disrespect, one that also can lead to war if mismanaged.

Since things are currently on a good note, she was shown the door, with the Queen on the other side. Since this story is all about over the top politics, she would have received a verbal spanking, and an understanding between them would be achieved.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I don't even remember what this chapter was about. Based on what I wrote before, she entered the room with expectations, felt that the people there were beneath her, and treated them in a condescending manner. That's disrespectful. How disrespectful would depend on who is in the room. Since I said "prove her love", I can assume that at least the prince consort is there. That would put this on the level of an international incident that could start a war, if the prince weren't such a nice guy. Very disrespectful. "I bring culture", at some point she must have said something about showing how much more advanced her people are, how much better her society is, and basically showing her ignorance about where she was as a whole. Assuming she's the better person because of where she came from, and behaving that way. Another disrespect, one that also can lead to war if mismanaged.

Since things are currently on a good note, she was shown the door, with the Queen on the other side. Since this story is all about over the top politics, she would have received a verbal spanking, and an understanding between them would be achieved.
It was previously established that her nation is in fact more technologically advanced than Capua or any of the countries on the southern continent, though. It's something that everyone recognizes, including all capuans in the room. So what she meant by that is that she's willing to share their technology as part of the bargain, which is obviously extremely valuable. And aside from that one line, I really don't see how you could read her as being condescending, since she's super friendly and polite all the time, and not just in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I find a little bit funny a Japanese man is acting as the epitome of gender equality here. Especially since we are dealing with issues of political leadership and career opportunities here, which are the big Japanese weaknesses, in fact, while it's doing better in other aspects of equality. But then again, it would also mean Zenjirou probably was one of the forerunners, personality wise, back in Japan. The queen was lucky indeed when summoning him. Several generations in Japan could have turned the dude into closer to the average Japanese man who would have been slightly more patriarchal.

I can respect the political dialogue/negotiations quirks in this manga. Those people always need to watch what they are saying because most of them have grown into that fighting by words culture. For Zenjirou, it's quite impossible.

I wonder how long Freya will be holding back revealing her intention of building a big shipyard utilising the latest technology, right in the Capua kingdom. You'd think that would make Aura drool instantly. It's one thing some of her people could have a look at a single ship while it was being repaired, but a totally different thing to participate in building even better ships from scratch, using local materials and suppliers. I reckon Freya isn't in a hurry to reveal it to first make the other party understand she doesn't view this merely as a political marriage.

So they both want a pawn. MC is gonna oblige ofcourse, not like he can say no if fmc really requested.

who the fuck would pick that stick over big tiddy mommy aura? have a belly dance competition and see whos hotter lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread