The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Bella, the "Hero of Ice"

Dex-chan lover
Holy Shit the new party member is not dumb and actually uses the brain

Fed-Kun's army
I like that they're getting this out of the way now instead of having it drag out over the whole plot with these fuckers falling apart and nobody making the obvious connection to why they suck now.
Hopefully now that their shit's together we get a cool asymmetrical competition manga with less of the drama.

Group Leader
@dancur that certainly might be the case. I thought it was more that they wanted to keep his relationship with the past demon king a secret so that humanity wouldn’t fear him

Dex-chan lover
Dear Mangaverse.
Google is a thing. Use it and learn what pre-teens actually look like.
Hint: they don't look like twenty something year olds.

You would think theyd get another support class member after kicking the last one. But no they just had to get another dps. Lmao. get rekt

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Hero will feel betrayed by MC. He is keeping his secret, but MC is lying to him. (If I remember rightly MC didn't tell his best friend about his new job.)

And I don't get why Succubus-Leader hates Hero so much. Didn't get their conversation. Somebody mind to tell me?

@taetantan wasn't this since the beginning of the series, that just going gall dps is best, since it's flashy and seen as a show? It wasn't just defeating but also the audience. At least at the beginning xD

One of the reason it's why they go for "firepower". Plus his support is different, which they weren't even able to perceive.

But honestly the hero and black mage are also a bit to blame, they kept it hidden.

Dex-chan lover
@taetantan the entire thing why phoenix couldn't support mc too much, and mc himself eventually agreed he better quit, was iirc because the entire party's niche was in defeating the enemies with overwhelming firepower (its an audience-sport). Otherwise they would have obviously got a healer to replace him, not a second hero. Dunno how the shieldguy fits their party's niche tho, I assume he's either kept because otherwise they will suck too much, or because he is flashy

Oh no. Anyway was the black mage also a support ? I actually forgot.. But still they are running full dps team this can work if you have shit ton of mana and really high destructive power.

Well, according to the several games, black mages were very annoying.

Silencing
Stunning
Decreasing attack speed
Decreasing movement speed
Decreasing attack power
Decreasing armor
Stealing ability
Mana drain
Health drain
Poisoning
Canceling damage
Returning damage