The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - For The Hero I Admired That Day -2-

Dex-chan lover
did the raws actually took 4 months to make or is this just tl issues?

gods. i know this is supposed to be like a big thing considering it's a friend vs friend thing but holy shit the formula(shit upload rate + cliffhanger + very stretched out because of every possible back story ever is shown, might as well put a backstory where he hit his pinky toe accidentally one time) is kinda feels like choking on sweet potato. don't get me wrong, the sweet potato is good but it's still very frustrating to eat.

also i don't get the mc throwing a punch lol i thought he can only do ungodly debuffs

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter. The author is really drawing this out.
This is probably gonna be the end of it lol
There is no central conflict fire dude vs mc is the only thing we have been waiting for
Like theres is no war or big bad they are trying to defeat just some racial tensions and a 9-5

Dex-chan lover
did the raws actually took 4 months to make or is this just tl issues?

gods. i know this is supposed to be like a big thing considering it's a friend vs friend thing but holy shit the formula(shit upload rate + cliffhanger + very stretched out because of every possible back story ever is shown, might as well put a backstory where he hit his pinky toe accidentally one time) is kinda feels like choking on sweet potato. don't get me wrong, the sweet potato is good but it's still very frustrating to eat.

also i don't get the mc throwing a punch lol i thought he can only do ungodly debuffs
its the TL speed, the raw already at chapter 32

Group Leader
Right, he used them and the Hero juggernaut'd through them, so the only option now is close range combat while the MC tries to apply the debuffs again.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

N they live happily ever after, medetashi medetashi...
(OωO )...

Dex-chan lover
Right, he used them and the Hero juggernaut'd through them, so the only option now is close range combat while the MC tries to apply the debuffs again.
it's a hassle to read through this manga again to check if his close-quarter debuffs are more lethal than short/medium range debuffs so i'm just gonna trust you on this one my guy :meguu:
also i don't remember him having the combat skills to go toe-to-toe with a hero :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Sequencing my dude :facepalm: first use the general stats debuff and THEN you hit them with all that insane mental shit. Sorry, gamer habits.. it really broke my immersion:cry:

Also this chapter really drives home how boring the viewer experience is: he casted 6 insane hexes or whatever and I got to see nothing out of it lmao

Dex-chan lover
it's a hassle to read through this manga again to check if his close-quarter debuffs are more lethal than short/medium range debuffs so i'm just gonna trust you on this one my guy :meguu:
also i don't remember him having the combat skills to go toe-to-toe with a hero :thonk:
It's fair to assume part of his training with Lucifer was in close combat. Since his greatest weakness would be if someone could remove/ignore his debuffs he would need training to deal with that. Then again he punched a sword, so he's clearly not very good at this. Lucky he has stronger plot armor than the "Hero" lmao

Dex-chan lover
Is this fight still going? Just end it already it's probably gonna be a draw anyway.

Dex-chan lover
It's fair to assume part of his training with Lucifer was in close combat. Since his greatest weakness would be if someone could remove/ignore his debuffs he would need training to deal with that. Then again he punched a sword, so he's clearly not very good at this. Lucky he has stronger plot armor than the "Hero" lmao
iirc the training only consists of refinement on his debuff and also the combo tactics between him and other officers but i'm sure i'm wrong since as i said "it's a hassle to re-read this to fact-check" because of shit ton of back stories. it's like the author was inspired based on naruto or some other anime that has shit ton of back story smh :wtf:

i'm thinking in the next chapter or next next one, right before the fight ends, there will be a back story and then the hero or mc will get a power up, rinse and repeat to have an endless, eternal battle :wtf:

Group Leader
Page 20, he was able to apply part of his debuffs that directly lower offense and defense, which probably put the Hero at a level that MC has a chance with.

acAO9sY.jpg

Dex-chan lover
How is he being too friendly, Phoenix is his best friend who has never wronged him. Cameras are out so I think it would be okay for them to have fun going all out against each other for the first time.
And in case cameras are for some reason there ( ph34r the power of Adnims..) ....

They are enjoying the hell out of RP-ing their roles in the most epic/cliché way possible...
It's funny that that particular Thradithion actually comes to life here without being irritating.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this whole premise is starting to grate on me. They aren't really 'heroes', they're TV stars. And the MC doesn't seem to realize that no matter what way you slice it, his combat style without using his full suite of abilities is BORING TO WATCH. And as a TV star, that's just not a good thing. Yes, you might technically be the most powerful individual ever in the history of the sport, but if you're as dull as watching grass grow, no one's gonna care in this day and age. You need more than power to get by now, you need PRESENTATION.

Honestly, one could argue that he's risking the sport's popularity because if this were real life, people would eventually get bored of him and his crew just stomping everyone ever without any real challenge. I mean, I doubt that happens here because plot and manga/Japanese stereotypes, but still. It's like seeing the same guy in eSports or even traditional sports just constantly win. You aren't a hero, you become the villain that everyone wants to see fall.

Dex-chan lover
Page 20, he was able to apply part of his debuffs that directly lower offense and defense, which probably put the Hero at a level that MC has a chance with.
i meant experience and skill wise, just because you reduced a professional's strength and defense doesn't mean you're not gonna get finessed into getting your ass kicked lmao
also sadly we can only assume why he squared up to the hero but otherwise it's a break of his character.

Users who are viewing this thread