The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - For The Hero I Admired That Day -2-

Everytime they release a new chapter I have to re-read the entire series to remember the story.
At this point it will be faster to learn Japanese and read the raws directly.
Don´t get me wrong, I really like this manga but damn, i don´t want to wait 4 months to have the story move forward 5 seconds and then end on a cliffhanger.
I remember like a year ago I was hyped because Remmé will now fight his former comrades and reallized that it will take at least half a year for it to be concluded.

Dex-chan lover
kinda dissapointed the cameras down so their epic showdown wont be seen by anyone, but oh well... heres waiting for the next chapter that will hopefully come out this year.

Basically just a long rant about the writing VVVV

I don't understand the power scaling for heroes in this series at all. The MC gets trained personally for years by someone the number 1 ranked hero got chills just from seeing, gets a power boost from that person thats been steadily building for years, goes out of his way to use the strongest and "evilest" debuffs even considered, and the number 4 ranked hero just ignores all of it with the only actual evidence its doing anything is the MC straight up telling the reader "I can tell its working a little since I'm throwing literally everything I have at him". The hero that the MC established as "yeah he wasn't always super strong but look where he is now" without actually showing or hinting at literally any work the hero put in to get to that point. Even in the small amount of fighting we get to see when he does is boring as shit, he just hits things basically once and its over, and the only explanation you get out of the manga at all is that he was "chosen by a spirit nobody has been picked by for a long time". They directly show and talk about how much work and effort the MC has put in to be able to do what he does with black magic, dude basically tortured himself for his entire life just to be brushed off by the hero friend that has yet to show even a slight hint at being possible to be defeated. The hero in the number 4 ranked party is capable of completely soloing every floor boss with basically a single hit, but his party is getting annoyed because they are stagnating at rank 4. How are they supposed to rank up if beating the dungeons doesn't do anything? Is it literally just popularity? And in that case why do they care that they are only rank 4 and not going anywhere? Why wouldn't they be happy they are one of the top 5 parties to exist in terms of popularity while they are continuously successful in their raids. Then on top of all of that there's the fact that parties can only be formed by heroes so there are at least 3 other heroes in parties at a higher rank than the MC's friend but the friend still managed to solo every boss from almost every floor up until floor 10 with floor 11 being the final one that nobody has ever managed to beat. You're telling me that rank 4 can solo his way through every floor 1-10 without needing to do basically anything that actually requires effort until he's up against something every adventurer considers literally impossible (summoning a ton of floor bosses to one floor) and he's not even considered in the top 3 of heroes? There are 3 other parties stronger than his but none have managed to beat the last floor? And if the last dungeon is considered this unbeatable thing since nobody has managed it doesn't that undermine the premise of the story? If the fighting between hero's and monsters has changed from an actual struggle to entertainment and everyone still believes that "the hero always wins" why is it that nobody has beaten that last dungeon? How is it simultaneously unbeatable but everyone has zero doubt that the heroes will win? Nobody has won at that point, why are people acting like its just some thing thats going to happen eventually instead of treating it like an actual spectacle of "will it happen in my lifetime?" There are multiple heroes that make their own parties to challenge the singular demon lord in charge of the dungeon, and we know that there have been generations of heroes and demon lords that follow the same roles as they do in the current story. So how is it possible that the final dungeon still has never been conquered? The logic for a lot of the writing is just really weak, its like the author had ideas for the characters but didn't revise any of them as they came up with new ones so everything just feels all over the place

Hopefully the translation group picks up the pace a bit, the raws are on chapter 35 with 36 coming out soon

PLEASE tell me this is planned on being updated! For this to be left off for so long after a cliff-hanger like that! I can't take it!
Oh malevolent translator, please heed the words of this humble fan and update soon. 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Lemme just punch your fire sword real quick bro, I promise I'm trying to win here

also, even if they have those magic avatars that make it so your real bosy doesn't get hurt, casting stuff like fatal illness and permanent mental sealing on your best friend is kind of extreme, dude.

Aggregator gang
Basically just a long rant about the writing VVVV

I don't understand the power scaling for heroes in this series at all. The MC gets trained personally for years by someone the number 1 ranked hero got chills just from seeing, gets a power boost from that person thats been steadily building for years, goes out of his way to use the strongest and "evilest" debuffs even considered, and the number 4 ranked hero just ignores all of it with the only actual evidence its doing anything is the MC straight up telling the reader "I can tell its working a little since I'm throwing literally everything I have at him". The hero that the MC established as "yeah he wasn't always super strong but look where he is now" without actually showing or hinting at literally any work the hero put in to get to that point. Even in the small amount of fighting we get to see when he does is boring as shit, he just hits things basically once and its over, and the only explanation you get out of the manga at all is that he was "chosen by a spirit nobody has been picked by for a long time". They directly show and talk about how much work and effort the MC has put in to be able to do what he does with black magic, dude basically tortured himself for his entire life just to be brushed off by the hero friend that has yet to show even a slight hint at being possible to be defeated. The hero in the number 4 ranked party is capable of completely soloing every floor boss with basically a single hit, but his party is getting annoyed because they are stagnating at rank 4. How are they supposed to rank up if beating the dungeons doesn't do anything? Is it literally just popularity? And in that case why do they care that they are only rank 4 and not going anywhere? Why wouldn't they be happy they are one of the top 5 parties to exist in terms of popularity while they are continuously successful in their raids. Then on top of all of that there's the fact that parties can only be formed by heroes so there are at least 3 other heroes in parties at a higher rank than the MC's friend but the friend still managed to solo every boss from almost every floor up until floor 10 with floor 11 being the final one that nobody has ever managed to beat. You're telling me that rank 4 can solo his way through every floor 1-10 without needing to do basically anything that actually requires effort until he's up against something every adventurer considers literally impossible (summoning a ton of floor bosses to one floor) and he's not even considered in the top 3 of heroes? There are 3 other parties stronger than his but none have managed to beat the last floor? And if the last dungeon is considered this unbeatable thing since nobody has managed it doesn't that undermine the premise of the story? If the fighting between hero's and monsters has changed from an actual struggle to entertainment and everyone still believes that "the hero always wins" why is it that nobody has beaten that last dungeon? How is it simultaneously unbeatable but everyone has zero doubt that the heroes will win? Nobody has won at that point, why are people acting like its just some thing thats going to happen eventually instead of treating it like an actual spectacle of "will it happen in my lifetime?" There are multiple heroes that make their own parties to challenge the singular demon lord in charge of the dungeon, and we know that there have been generations of heroes and demon lords that follow the same roles as they do in the current story. So how is it possible that the final dungeon still has never been conquered? The logic for a lot of the writing is just really weak, its like the author had ideas for the characters but didn't revise any of them as they came up with new ones so everything just feels all over the place
I'm still trying to figure out why MC needed to hide his powers. The excuses are just too flimsy when the demons aren't even at war with the humans, so why would it matter if some random dude has powerful demon magic? If it's just because he could be a "threat," they might as well start eliminating all the heros then, because they could also become walking war machines.

Users who are viewing this thread