The Kingdoms of Ruin - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.1 - Informed Consent - Part 1

Dex-chan lover
I'm expecting the surgery to either fail or get interrupted. Cause it seems like the author was starting a character arc on how scared, helpless, and alone Doroka is without Adonis to help her

Group Leader
The biggest reveal we've been waiting for. The Lump of Flesh is mutated ever-regenerating Witches :korone:

Dex-chan lover
For as smart as he is, it’s pretty odd he didn’t realize the insane magic being is made of witches.
On the one hand yeah, as a reader I thought it was being telegraphed fairly clearly. On the other though:
1. He's been locked up for ages and never had that strong a grasp on regular tech vs magic anyway. He's seen a lot of tech since then which seems very impressive, so it's probably not really clear to him where the line is between advanced science and "hey wait a second, that can't be done without magic".
2. He's pretty laser focused on his obsessions and now Doroka. The old him might have been more curious about non-combat related stuff beyond whatever immediate effect it might have on his goals.

Another thing I hope he realizes: stuff like this really underlines that the whole "humanity doesn't need witches/magic" is pretty bunk. The planet dying bit perhaps couldn't be foreseen (or maybe it was by some plotters but clearly it's a surprise to regular people), but here or with that machine land or whatever it's clear they're actively putting witches to critical use and know it, except now they're exploited horribly. Guess we'll see to what extent this hits his berserk button.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it wonder if the nurse has some connection there too given all the clones. Was she actually a witch or formed from the witches or something too? Or someone the doctor cared for who was killed in the war or from the radiation of the anti-magic or something and then cloned?

Dex-chan lover
welp, that does it
i know it's a fukup story, but desecrating the dead is never even flashed in my mind
just destroy it

Users who are viewing this thread