Dex-chan lover
My gosh it'll take ages for this webtoon to catch up to the translations for the manhwa. Oh well the art here is more of an eye candy than black and white and it's been 9 months, might as well reread.

Double-page supporter
I know i shouldn't be complaining but seriously why redo it? like the previous version was great so WHYYY just fucking finish the story maybe (I dunno if the translators dropped it or it was axed, but anyway why not continue previous one???) Just finish it, why would I want to read somehting again, when there's already anime, not finished manhua (that is far ahead of this) and probably novel.

Dex-chan lover
Ohh, this had a manhwa!? To anyone deciding to read this, its fucking GOOD! Don't be turned off by the esports theme. Its one of the best novels I've read with some of the most big brain team battles I've ever seen.

Also this absolutely has no romance at all unlike most mangas with no romance tag which turn out to have so much hidden undertones of romance which are not even hidden.

Wha-
an alternate version-?

The original manhua adaptation was one of the well adapted ones, why re-start now?
I guess this version is closer to the anime?

That said, this version isn't bad at all, reads like a good korean mango.

I wonder why they decided to reboot the manhua in this way. It's even still using the same artist as the original adaption. Doesn't really make sense.

Dex-chan lover
@yumian Really? They felt more like siblings to me throughout the whole story? If anyone, I'd think people would be shipping Ye Xiu with Chen Guo since their fated meeting basically started the whole thing. But she's also a lot older than him so maybe not.

Either way, I never knew about that thing with Su Mucheng and the author's wife. Where did you hear that? I always thought they were more like siblings since well, they knew each other since they were kids, right? Also he's not quite concerned about leaving her to herself and letting her do what she wants to the point where I thought that if she suddenly came to him to introduce her new boyfriend, he'd just react like an older brother or father towards that. There literally is no romantic tension between them, everything is super casual.

Anyway, it was quite cute seeing Mo Fan being demolished by her who didn't even have her head in the game so maybe there could've been a ship there?

@Walter_vi_Britannia So it seemed. But if you re-read the novel, the author actually hinted that their relationship is more than that. Them sharing the share computer (with half windowscreen, like the author did during his date with his wife), her sleeping on his shoulder, accompanying her eating ice-cream, several characters hinted that Su Mucheng is his girlfriend, and the part where Ye Xiu told Su Mucheng to keep in touch after his retirement and that he will wait for her to retire (he only said this to her and no one else). Also, Su Mucheng's thoughts are full of him.

Su Mucheng is Ye Xiu's most popular bg cp, mostly because she is waifu material and the only one that made sense due to how their relationship is portrayed throughout the novel. Fans preferred Chen Guo with Wei Chen instead. As for where I heard that, it is from the Chinese fans. The author mentioned it either on social media or fan interactions. He is not good at writing romance, so most readers did not notice the subtle hints.

There are other ships too. Du Ming x Tang Rou and Xiao Shiqin x Dai Yanqi. Subtle.

Dex-chan lover
@yumian Well, yea then. So the short answer is that there actually is no romance in this story. (People being in a relationship in a story and it being a romantic sub-plot is quite different. You don't watch a movie where the main character is married but the whole story revolves around something completely different and call it a romance just because he has someone like perhaps in Honey I Shrunk the Kids or something. TKA literally has 0 romance in its story no matter who wants to say otherwise.)

@Walter_vi_Britannia Only because it's not explicit + the author prefer to not have it overshadow the story haha. Ye Xiu x Su Mucheng is canon unfortunately. Besides, if the author wrote the romance explicitly, it might alienate the female readers, who formed the majority of the fanbase.

Dex-chan lover
@yumian Wait, this has a majority female fanbase!? Why does all my favourite novels tend have a female demographic? Is this telling me something about myself that even I don't know?

Users who are viewing this thread