The Legend of Kamui - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - Episode 2 - Kagari: Fukkake

Dex-chan lover
What a nice suprise. I will buy the official release when it come out next year (it was first plan to release for this autumn). But still thanks to bring this back. This is a cult classic for a reason.

Surprised to see a scanlator pick this up since it's going to have a physical release soon apparently (at least the main series, I'm not sure; there're also spinoffs/sequels afaik). More attention at Shirato's work is pleasant though.

I
Surprised to see a Scanlator pick this up since it's going to have a physical release soon apparently (at least the main series, I'm not sure; there are also spinoffs/sequels afaik). More attention at Shirato's work is pleasant though.
I am aware of that too, but it is quite expensive and I won't buy it because I am not from the US, so it is not very economically friendly and it is necessary for its sequel. And I am sure not everyone will buy the official translation. I still hope that it will be a massive success.

I am aware of that too, but it is quite expensive and I won't buy it because I am not from the US, so it is not very economically friendly and it is necessary for its sequel. And I am sure not everyone will buy the official translation. I still hope that it will be a massive success.
Yeah fair. By sequel do you mean the one that was published by Viz long ago in 30-something issues and is uploaded here as well? I've read it and it was relatively self-contained and enjoyable though I was wondering whether they did cut out some parts (apparently they did), where in the timeline it even took place or what Japanese publication it corresponded to (the artstyle is also different but I kinda figured out that Kamui-den was worked on not only by Shirato Sanpei himself but also his brother and apparently Kojima Goseki who was his assistant for some time; plus Shirato had different styles of drawing he could do)

Yeah fair. By sequel do you mean the one that was published by Viz long ago in 30-something issues and is uploaded here as well? I've read it and it was relatively self-contained and enjoyable though I was wondering whether they did cut out some parts (apparently they did), where in the timeline it even took place, or what Japanese publication it corresponded to (the art style is also different but I kinda figured out that Kamui-den was worked on not only by Shirato Sanpei himself but also his brother and Kojima Goseki who was his assistant for some time; plus Shirato had different styles of drawing he could do)
They cut a lot. Firstly, they cut Part 1 of the sequel and instantly started with Part 2. Part 1 was a Shonen and looked completely different. Then they skipped many chapters and only included one arc. But that arc spans across many volumes. Here is a list of chapters they adopted:
V4: 1-6
V5: 7-13
V7: 14-15
V8: 16-17
V10: 18-24
V11: 25-31
V12: 32-37
The series has 20 volumes I think. And even in some of these volumes, they didn't adapt every chapter. I haven't read the series, so I don't know how self-contained the Viz release is, but I always prefer it when the order is faithful to the original

They cut a lot. Firstly, they cut Part 1 of the sequel and instantly started with Part 2. Part 1 was a Shonen and looked completely different. Then they skipped many chapters and only included one arc. But that arc spans across many volumes. Here is a list of chapters they adopted:
V4: 1-6
V5: 7-13
V7: 14-15
V8: 16-17
V10: 18-24
V11: 25-31
V12: 32-37
The series has 20 volumes I think. And even in some of these volumes, they didn't adapt every chapter. I haven't read the series, so I don't know how self-contained the Viz release is, but I always prefer it when the order is faithful to the original
Damn. I agree that publishers should translate more faithfully, I kinda hate this cutting, reordering and other stuff they do to original works (maybe they don't do it too much these days though, that Viz release was a long time ago back in the days when they were still flipping manga)

Users who are viewing this thread