The Long Summer on August 31 - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Back to the August 31 Part I

Contributor
Kita was fishing in his pocket for something before attempting to confess. Whatever it was, it seemed like he didn't find it and his plan somehow went up in smoke without it. I'd understand if this was an engagement proposal and the item was a ring, but this is like, the starting line...

I like this "trying to play cupid for their friends" arc, it seems interesting. But even if they succeed at getting their friends to start dating it will just reset. There's no way to make the changes stick without breaking through the one day loop, and if they do then the plot's main conflict is already solved. I suppose they're mostly doing this for curiosity's sake.

Dex-chan lover
I
Kita was fishing in his pocket for something before attempting to confess. Whatever it was, it seemed like he didn't find it and his plan somehow went up in smoke without it. I'd understand if this was an engagement proposal and the item was a ring, but this is like, the starting line...

I like this "trying to play cupid for their friends" arc, it seems interesting. But even if they succeed at getting their friends to start dating it will just reset. There's no way to make the changes stick without breaking through the one day loop, and if they do then the plot's main conflict is already solved. I suppose they're mostly doing this for curiosity's sake.

If it's a ring, the "Kita confession arc" is going to take a while coz they'll fix it, he'll come out too strong and get rejected, then they'll have to reset again and try to get him to a more reasonable stage first, lol.

Dex-chan lover

It must be a condom right?

Dex-chan lover
Real
0m4n9In.png

Contributor
If it's a ring, the "Kita confession arc" is going to take a while coz they'll fix it, he'll come out too strong and get rejected, then they'll have to reset again and try to get him to a more reasonable stage first, lol.
I have a feeling that could be the problem with him: maybe he's planning too far ahead and moving too fast. Then Kana might give him advice which Takaya could also end up learning from. Given how this manga at times feels like it's trying to teach things about dating to inexperienced readers through the protagonist, this could be another "lesson" on what not to do.

Of course this all hinges on what he didn't find in his pocket. We'll see...
It must be a condom right?
You're probably joking but NGL, this crossed my mind as well. Kita's got a bit of that fuckboy vibe to him, at worst maybe he's like the kind of guy who'd expect sex right after the girl says yes to becoming his girlfriend; and if that's what he lost maybe he was planning to ask her to go to a hotel after the confession.

Creep moves if that's the case, but I feel like that's one of the themes of the manga: teaching the clueless male lead (and perhaps some of the readers) about the dos and don'ts of dating.

Users who are viewing this thread