The Magnificent Grand Scene - Vol. 16 Ch. 81 - Individuality

Dex-chan lover
What I have always loved about hobby titles is that they always try to be educational and give some "scientific" perspective on the character's work. I'm ashamed to admit, but although I live in a country with some of the best ballet traditions in the world, I still know quite a bit about it. Also, what is the status of their school? Is she preparing them for further college / university admission, or is that already enough for a ballet education?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan She’s studying at Royal Ballet School, it’s a real school in London. They train you in ballet but you’ll also do academic studies there. 😊

For someone Kanade’s age, she would do her GCDE’s (I think they were already briefly mentioned in the story!) and graduate like any other English pupil. At that point – academically – it makes no difference whether you’ve graduated from the Royal Ballet School or any normal English school. She would have the same diploma as every kid in England.

I’m not sure how far this story is going to go, but after that you could proceed to pursue an academic degree in ballet and dance. The Royal Ballet School offers university-level studies in various subjects.

Obviously if you want to dance professionally, you don’t need a bachelor’s degree in ballet technique. Just the fact that Kanade studies at the Royal Ballet School is a massive badge of honour if she’s looking to go pro. Most of the auditions she’s going to face will judge her by her skills, not her grades or degree. 😄

Dex-chan lover
Abigail shows back up. That's always both a blessing and a curse, especially now when Kanade is in an environment where her previous teacher can't stop Abi from teaching her a particular way. I also wonder whether she's allowed to be taking them from school right now since she was quick to get them to go and checked they hadn't seen the principal.
I didn't remember Abigail being interested in Evelen. Anyone remember if they showed that at some point?

@Karolyn You're correct on them mentioning it, they did so about 2 chapters ago when Kanade had her first classes on how she'll be taking GCSEs.

Dex-chan lover
@TakeiDaloui Evelyn was one of the people that Abby made that promise/challenge to about doing well in the YAGP and she'd put in a word for them to the Royal Ballet. Same as Kanade, Chloe and Brenda. Actually I do wonder if Brenda, Chloe, Maho or Andrea will be showing up in significant ways at any point.

But yeah I assume Abby technically isn't supposed to be doing this considering she was worried about getting to them before Oliver did. It's been pretty heavy handed going back to that performance of Manon that Kanade watched that Abby might not be a good influence on her.

Dex-chan lover
@Suben Ah, thanks. I remembered that Abby gave out other offers but didn't remember that Evelyn was one of those individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread