The Maou Is Troubled by the Suicidal Heroine

Group Leader
... Didn't I just read this, only it was a different heroine, and a hell of a lot darker?

Edit: Ok, this is funny slapstick, Boke and Tsukkomi comedy. Not bad.

Double-page supporter
Look like a copy of Negative Hero and Demon King's General, but in worst. The heroine's character design and personality are bad, and the demon king is too comedy cliché. I hope it becomes better but with little hope.

Fed-Kun's army
now this is what Negative Hero and Demon King's General should have been, not some fantasy adoption soap opera.

Dex-chan lover
I see, now they bait us with skimpy outfits on the heroine. Would you expect some hentai at least? Come on!

Double-page supporter
@neorasp I find this one a lot worst than Negative Hero and Demon King's General. The characters personalities are too forced, not natural (I don't know how to explain, I don't believe in the characters, I find them to artificial). I am okay to remove the "soap opera", and focus on the gag, but on the first chapter you have only one: the heroine is forceful to get killed. A despaired heroine trying to kill herself in various situation while the demon king tries to save her, would be more fun IMO.

For example, I find Dokunie Cooking and Mamono-tachi Wa Katazuke Rarenai better. (And I talk Dokunie Cooking before the romance started up)

Fed-Kun's army
@Ovnidemon
both are one gag par chapter, but the negative hero had more chapters to develop but the format stayed the same stale adoption manga. you can judge this one on 1 chapter only if you wish, but when doing so please use only the first chapter of negative hero to do the comparison.

edit: also, the other one is more forced. this one still feels like a fantasy manga, the other one could happen in modern setting and all the important themes could stay.

Double-page supporter
@neorasp What I mean by one gag: it's 24 pages where they just insist on one thing, without developping it. You can easily remove pages and you don't miss anything.

Comparaison with DokunieCooking:
Dokunie Cooking: p8 we learn that she taste digusting (1st gag)
p12 even by being healthy, she doesn't taste good (2nd gag)
p17 the cooking is horrible and the monster goes off destroying the village with the elf hanging from its mouth).

The Devil is Troubled ... : p9: the heroine is immortal and want to be killed (nothing much of a gag)
p15: the heroine considered the Devil castle like a suicide spot (1st gag) and will kill the devil if he doesn't kill her
p20: the heroine will kill the devil if he doesn't kill her (not much of a gag)
p25: the Devil promise he will find a way to kill her. (And in the epilogue we learn that none of the leader is coming. let say it's half a gag)

between p15 and p20 we learn nothing new, we expect what happen and (IMO) nothing is really funny. We could skip them and the chapter would be the same, you laugh as many times. While reading the whole chapter, only the gag with taking the castle as a suicid spot made me smile

I don't say it's bad, but the first chapter is lackluster. Maybe the following chapters will be better.

Also, seriously, what's with the chara design of the heroine. She looks like a hooker with addiction.

sometimes a gag story stays 1 dimensional, othertimes they turn into 'devil king is bored' and become very expansive and interesting.

dont know about this one

Users who are viewing this thread