The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out to Be... My Female Junior at Work?!

Dex-chan lover
I very very very vaguely remember reading this when it was just a one-shot, never knew 'till now it had a serialization 😱🙀🙀😱.

When reading it I got this really nostalgic feeling of why i really do love reading GL stories. It's nothing new but it has a weirdly nice simplicity to it, with it's minimal drama mixed in with its heartwarming scenes and sprinkled a little bit of conflict on top. It's set in a workplace AU which is a nice breath of fresh air from ur usual high school AU. I'd say the characters are pretty interesting and I did grow on them a little, it was truly nice seeing them happy. I was impressed with how much the author could fit inside just 6 chapters and with just 24-25 pages in each chapter. Each chapter was very well thought out.

But with how many things the author was trying to fit inside a chapter. There's definitely going to be things that won't fit inside. The pacing could've 100% been better maybe the author could've cut a back a little bit more on the conflic/dramat and use those extra pages to fill the holes a bit more, get to know the characters better. This story kind of feels like the author bit more then it could chew.

But alas the ending was pretty satisfying. And I will miss these lesbians.
image.png

Recommended?
thumbs-up_1f44d.png

Tl;DR: Simple cute and short story sprinkled with tiny bits of drama on top.

Extremely mid series. One of those uninspired stories that goes in one ear and out the other. I've already forgotten most of what happened in it. Wouldn't recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread