The New Gate - Vol. 4 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
I feel sorry for the sacred beast, to be reduced into a beast of burden. Being an elf, you'd think Schnee had some respect for animals/more reasonable monsters, but I guess when it comes to Shin, she's blind to anything else.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, why on Earth did Shin even want a carriage in the first place? He would travel faster without, plus he wouldn't be restricted to roads. It seems pointless. Is it because of Tiera?

Now that I think about it, why on Earth did Shin even want a carriage in the first place? He would travel faster without, plus he wouldn't be restricted to roads. It seems pointless. Is it because of Tiera?
It would be probably for sightseeing since it's pretty boring to instantly travel to one place. efficient but boring

Dex-chan lover
Am i the only one ignoring levels at this point? If a rank E adventurer (Tsubaki) can be +160 and a rank A is +190, but the "player" level cap is 255, aside from skills vs arts and gear, it makes no sense for Schnee to be so OP that everyone respects her, shes only ~60 levels higher than that Dragnil Samurai and we know the princesses are the strongest in this country aside from Schnee (and now Shin). Then you have that same 255 Elf take down and tame a lv 751 Monster. Shin makes sense with his limit broken stats, but the cap on stats is 999 without that limit broken. This whole universe makes 0 sense with regard to level scaling

Has this author never played a video game before? Am I the strange one for questioning this?

lol...Shin alone got that max level and if he act like that shield girl anime, sleeping on the road, even any monsters try to attack him, they barely even leave any scratch on his body.

Dex-chan lover
Am i the only one ignoring levels at this point? If a rank E adventurer (Tsubaki) can be +160 and a rank A is +190, but the "player" level cap is 255, aside from skills vs arts and gear, it makes no sense for Schnee to be so OP that everyone respects her, shes only ~60 levels higher than that Dragnil Samurai and we know the princesses are the strongest in this country aside from Schnee (and now Shin). Then you have that same 255 Elf take down and tame a lv 751 Monster. Shin makes sense with his limit broken stats, but the cap on stats is 999 without that limit broken. This whole universe makes 0 sense with regard to level scaling

Has this author never played a video game before? Am I the strange one for questioning this?
I agree with your confusion with the taming of a lvl 751 monster, but I think Schnee's just ridiculously OP with the help of her skills and gear (probably given by Shin). And the line drawn between the "Old Generation" vs "New Generation" NPCs makes the huge difference between their power levels.

Dex-chan lover

there is a reincarnation system in the game, i think it where you reset your level but retain some of your stats. that's why Shin and Schnee is strong because i think they reincarnate quite a few of times. this is why Shin suspect the chosen one is the leftover of reincarnation system, since when they born they are strong and already has a few skills.

Contributor
Boy, Schnee wasn't kidding when she said she was gonna tame something strong. Level-wise it's almost as strong as that boss-like skullface they fought last time! Too bad Kagerou can't turn into a human form too, maybe a boy this time (although Yuzuha can also choose to be one). Seeing how Shin and Schnee destroy common sense around them really puts into perspective how much they suit each other. She's the only woman we know who's tuned into his wavelength of absurdity, and vice versa.

Tiera might be falling for Shin, but she's got a long way to go to be walking like his equal. Schnee herself has just recently reached that, psychologically. Thinking about it, Tiera's actually the closest to "normal" in their OP party. She's like an ordinary person who's joined actual gods in a journey (even though Tiera herself is exceptionally competent and decently strong for a "G" ranked novice adventurer).

Dex-chan lover

For monsters and normal people, level is close to average stats (excluding luck, HP and MP), and so is a reasonable indicator of power.
But with "reincarnation" system it is possible to stack higher stats and become much more powerful than your level indicates. For example, the battle princess (character cheet in ch.18) has average stats of about 370. Shnee (ch 14) has average stats of over 800.
Average stats is a more useful indicator of someone's power level. But beyond that, there is equipment, skills and other things that make one strong. And as you might expect, the strongest player's support characters are well-built in all areas of strength.

Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread