The Number 1 Beautiful Girl in the School is in Love With Me, the XXX Artist. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
When she says exclusive, I hope she means that she will exclusively use his drawings, not that he can't publish any images on his own, they must always be published as a part of her novels. That would suck. And it would also be strange considering she was just telling him to upload his pictures for everybody to see.

Also, in the previous chapter the dude posted his latest finished drawing on social media, yet now he's saying he has never made public postings. Can you even say it's social media uploads if nobody can see it? There must be a mistake by the author somewhere here.

Dex-chan lover
When she says exclusive, I hope she means that she will exclusively use his drawings, not that he can't publish any images on his own, they must always be published as a part of her novels. That would suck. And it would also be strange considering she was just telling him to upload his pictures for everybody to see.

Also, in the previous chapter the dude posted his latest finished drawing on social media, yet now he's saying he has never made public postings. Can you even say it's social media uploads if nobody can see it? There must be a mistake by the author somewhere here.
He didn't post it. He withdrew his finger from post button.

Dex-chan lover
He didn't post it. He withdrew his finger from post button.
Right. Now that I reread that portion, I could connect the dots. At first I thought he's just keeping his online, artist identity separated from his RL one, but apparently he wouldn't even upload drawings under a pseudonym (like most people do), in fear of his classmates Edogawa Conan, Sherlock, Derrick, Grissom, and Montalbano immediately figuring out who it is. Quite ironic nobody needed to (impossibly) figure out anything when he himself revealed his hobby to the student council president.

Dex-chan lover
"A coming-of-age romantic comedy between a beautiful girl at the top of the caste system and a bunch of other boys!"

"A bunch of other boys"? What do you mean by this, is this where the drama tag comes in?

Dex-chan lover
"A coming-of-age romantic comedy between a beautiful girl at the top of the caste system and a bunch of other boys!"

"A bunch of other boys"? What do you mean by this, is this where the drama tag comes in?
It sounds weird that you'd have a bunch of other boys in a wish fullfillment fantasy manga, but we'll see I guess.

Dex-chan lover

Hey you're right, wtf is that supposed to mean I wonder?

I'm putting a HUGE red flag on this story then if the summary is true cause that is suspicious as hell.

Supporter
Pretty cringe start. Let's see where it goes for abit.
I've probably read so many series that the rest of the chapter was basically seen from the first pages to me...

• Here's the school's #1 beauty.
  • Anyway, let's stop talking about that point and instead talk about this wonderful yet sooooo mysterious author (with no illustrations!)
  • "They can't find out that I am -- FAKEOUT -- an illustrator!"
  • Simple mathematics happen, and boom, plot synopsis.

Dex-chan lover

Just took a poke at the Bookwalker page. It's a mistranslation. TLBrain isn't in high gear right now, but "A love comedy of two people with a secret to share" is way way closer to the lit translation, when it comes to that last bit.

Dex-chan lover
I were thinking she just asking him for more art for her "project" not telling him the secret that she is the popular novelist unless she don't want to keep it

Dex-chan lover
Nope. The president would not have insisted that the two of them parade from a place in which they are alone and unoberved to the student-council room. The writing here is infra-crappy.

Group Leader
Just took a poke at the Bookwalker page. It's a mistranslation. TLBrain isn't in high gear right now, but "A love comedy of two people with a secret to share" is way way closer to the lit translation, when it comes to that last bit.
This is the translator.
What is meant in this part is how I translated it on the colour page, Amesaka is one of those "mundane boys" meaning, he's just one in a bunch. I guess that's how the mistake in the synopsis came to be.

Dex-chan lover
This is the translator.
What is meant in this part is how I translated it on the colour page, Amesaka is one of those "mundane boys" meaning, he's just one in a bunch. I guess that's how the mistake in the synopsis came to be.

Aye, but "A coming-of-age romantic comedy between a beautiful girl at the top of the caste system and a bunch of other boys!" is not only inaccurate, there's... So many more ways to say "one in a bunch."

Hell, I'll even admit I was wrong and worked sloppily on the first run, because, as it turns out, the TL would be:

JP: "カースト頂点美少女と平凡男子、正反対な二人の秘密共有ラブコメ! "

EN: "A beautiful girl at the top of the caste and an ordinary boy, a romantic comedy shared by two polar opposites!"

I would argue that "top of the caste" is... Awkward, as lit trans tends to be, but yeah... My only excuse is that I wrote my first post while running on coffee and fumes. And it's not a very good one. Nonetheless, two, not a bunch. A bunch is at no point involved in the line.

Users who are viewing this thread