The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - God's Broken Heart

Group Leader
The second to last page always struck me as the exact example of characters acting stupid and getting away with it because the plot says so. I know the guy was supposed to be made stupid because of charm magic and whatever but the heroine here used the worst possible excuse, so vague that the guy could have asked any number of questions which she has to keep up with.

Number 1: what if the guy instead of immediately going for an arrest on the shop goes to check on the victim. Does she have a girl just pretending to be sick on hand with no other symptoms other than pain? If this girl was taken to the hospital and was shown to have no diagnosis of an illegal drug, what then?

Number 2: The only symptoms mentioned were pain, this could have been caused by an allergic reaction to the ingredients or just have been a side effect of her "medicine". She could also have simply taken the wrong dosage, because any medicine taken too much of can cause health problems. She has no way of knowing whether it's an illegal drug just because it causes pain. In fact, what illegal drug do you know even causes pain to that extent? not a symptom of withdrawl, just pain when taken. That's not a drug, that's just poison lol.

Number 3: and she didn't even name the drug. how would she know it's legal or not? what if the king passed a law a week ago legalizing said drug? does she just have a list of illegal drugs and their symptoms?

The second to last page always struck me as the exact example of characters acting stupid and getting away with it because the plot says so. I know the guy was supposed to be made stupid because of charm magic and whatever but the heroine here used the worst possible excuse, so vague that the guy could have asked any number of questions which she has to keep up with.

Number 1: what if the guy instead of immediately going for an arrest on the shop goes to check on the victim. Does she have a girl just pretending to be sick on hand with no other symptoms other than pain? If this girl was taken to the hospital and was shown to have no diagnosis of an illegal drug, what then?

Number 2: The only symptoms mentioned were pain, this could have been caused by an allergic reaction to the ingredients or just have been a side effect of her "medicine". She could also have simply taken the wrong dosage, because any medicine taken too much of can cause health problems. She has no way of knowing whether it's an illegal drug just because it causes pain. In fact, what illegal drug do you know even causes pain to that extent? not a symptom of withdrawl, just pain when taken. That's not a drug, that's just poison lol.

Number 3: and she didn't even name the drug. how would she know it's legal or not? what if the king passed a law a week ago legalizing said drug? does she just have a list of illegal drugs and their symptoms?

To be fair, the way they behave makes a lot of sense once you realize their true nature and personalities.

Pretty much all of them are insecure and were emasculated by Emi's Remila. It's not that they just act stupid in the face of Pina for the sake of it, it's that her 'defenseless' and 'naive' nature feeds their ego so they will believe anything so that they can act like the perfect protective man. They're stupid because they're pathetic, not necessarily because the plot demands it.

Group Leader
To be fair, the way they behave makes a lot of sense once you realize their true nature and personalities.

Pretty much all of them are insecure and were emasculated by Emi's Remila. It's not that they just act stupid in the face of Pina for the sake of it, it's that her 'defenseless' and 'naive' nature feeds their ego so they will believe anything so that they can act like the perfect protective man. They're stupid because they're pathetic, not necessarily because the plot demands it.
alright I was a bit harsh there but my point still stands. the guys trust her completely and blindly so i can't fault them. but Pina's plan is stupid and only works because she got really fucking lucky that the guy she asked does not ask her about the vicitim. like say, send a doctor just in case. or ask where is she now. or send her to a hospital via carriage. It's a careless plan that could have easily been fixed by going "oh i saw some suspicious activity over there yonder" instead of actually faking a victim that she knows.

and even if they're stupid they still also might ask what drug it is so they can buy medicine for it, which would further fuck up her lie as if she says "I don't know" they can say "well then how do you know it's illegal?" and if she answers the name of a drug and they decide to treat the 'victim' directly it would also expose her on her bullshit.

alright characters acting dumb is a wrong choice of word on my part. the guys trust her completely and blindly so i can't fault them. but Pina's plan is stupid and only works because she got really fucking lucky that the guy she asked does not ask her about the vicitim. like say, send a doctor just in case. or ask where is she now. or send her to a hospital via carriage. It's a careless plan that could have easily been fixed by going "oh i saw some suspicious activity over there yonder" instead of actually faking a victim that she knows.

and even if they're stupid they still also might ask what drug it is so they can buy medicine for it, which would further fuck up her lie as if she says "I don't know" they can say "well then how do you know it's illegal?" and if she answers the name of a drug and they decide to treat the 'victim' directly it would also expose her on her bullshit.

Stupid people exist all around the world, I think you're overthinking it and expecting too much of everyone involved to question everything. People fall for common scams on a daily basis and have their money stolen, people constantly press suspicious links and lose their account, etc. This is the same guy who thinks this girl is harmless and isn't going to question her despite likely knowing that she manipulated the events regarding Remilia's condemnation (Remilia even points this out, stating that the love potion wouldn't have made them completely devoted to her). He cares more about his ego being stroked than actually bringing justice, or being fair, or whatever.

Pina being super lucky isn't even a 'flaw' to the story, this is the same shitty girl who reborned into what is basically this world's religious figure head. Of course people are going to believe her. And she's mostly exerting her power over those she knows will listen to her like fools. She's an idiot, but she's still the same ruthless human being would is 100% fine with using drugs to get her way through life. She's stupid in one area, but she's not that stupid.

You're expecting mature and rational reasoning in a story full of people who are emotionally selfish and cruel.

Group Leader
Stupid people exist all around the world, I think you're overthinking it and expecting too much of everyone involved to question everything. People fall for common scams on a daily basis and have their money stolen, people constantly press suspicious links and lose their account, etc. This is the same guy who thinks this girl is harmless and isn't going to question her despite likely knowing that she manipulated the events regarding Remilia's condemnation (Remilia even points this out, stating that the love potion wouldn't have made them completely devoted to her). He cares more about his ego being stroked than actually bringing justice, or being fair, or whatever.

Pina being super lucky isn't even a 'flaw' to the story, this is the same shitty girl who reborned into what is basically this world's religious figure head. Of course people are going to believe her. And she's mostly exerting her power over those she knows will listen to her like fools. She's an idiot, but she's still the same ruthless human being would is 100% fine with using drugs to get her way through life. She's stupid in one area, but she's not that stupid.

You're expecting mature and rational reasoning in a story full of people who are emotionally selfish and cruel.
I don't think you understand my point so let me repeat myself: I'm not expecting people to question her. I acknowledge that these people trust her completely so they won't question what she's doing. but that also means they make decisions based on her lies, hence the guy calling a raid on the shop. Given what the guy knows, he will make decisions based on that knowledge. That also means if there is a victim, he may choose to help the victim, bring comfort to the victim, accompany the victim, etc. You can trust her on her lie while still poking holes into it by asking for a doctor to treat the victim.

This isn't some mature or rational reasoning. When you tell your friend that another friend of yours got poisoned, can you guarantee without a doubt that the person you told does not ask if the victim is okay? This is why I call the girl stupid, it's an unnecessary contingency that is easy to avoid. she could have provided more information like "my friend's in the hospital right now because of the drug", or just changed the story to the one i suggested. instead it's one line that automatically conveys her will directly to her target despite other actions being a possibility that could be avoided.

Fed-Kun's army
Just realized after re-reading this a couple times. At page 15, miss annoying star whore mentioned that the favorability of three specific people doesn't go up despite her attempts, with the help of the charm perfume. The reason for this is that they were most likely demons or half demons. Remilia once mentioned in some chapters away that the potions doesn't work for demons so it shouldn't work on the second prince or something, which I think is one of those three.

Dex-chan lover
That fight against a god was much shorter than the fight against Dagoth Ur. And Dagoth Ur was nothing but a self-proclaimed god.

Dex-chan lover
The reason for this is that they were most likely demons or half demons. Remilia once mentioned in some chapters away that the potions doesn't work for demons so it shouldn't work on the second prince or something, which I think is one of those three.
imo I think that's because of the lack of love potions mentioned in chapter 3 where it has a one-month limit and Pina looked like she used it in the form of cookies and cupcakes that results in lesser potent effect making the drug wear off. plus the premium shop closed, which I assume also have target specific items which she can't buy as well.

-

holy crap, the revenge is moving so fast that the "fight only took a few pages" and how much overleveling did Emi did to one shot a god.

I like this over the other revenge villainess manga since it's sort of unique by having the original personality back at the helm along with the "capture targets" not being fully captured after the villainess was disgraced/annulled. though I don't want them near Remilia again after the charm wears off but I guess we'll wait and see if this route is planned since other otome game based stories have someone from their past look for the villainess.

I do wonder if this is the first report for Pina or not since Remilia wanted everyone to be shadowed. for sure this isn't the first offense if she knows the premium shop closed.

Reactions: le3
If this girl was taken to the hospital and was shown to have no diagnosis of an illegal drug, what then?
My guess? She poisoned some girl or something. "I'll prop you up socially if you do as I say, also, take this medicine, you'll be ill but not too much don't worry."

It's a bad guess I know, I'm just trying to make it make sense.

Dex-chan lover
This foolish simping god dares challenge his love in front of the Remilia? Emi's "Remilia" no less. He was only lucky he had at best cut the face of the beautiful Remilia as he had lack the depths of understanding what love is, because it was love that had gave Remilia the strength to slay a god! And I know I keep saying "god" a lot, but GOD she's beautiful

I see we are down from 30~40 pages to 20
In all fairness, This was a really good chapter

That fight against a god was much shorter than the fight against Dagoth Ur. And Dagoth Ur was nothing but a self-proclaimed god.
That's the power of love and friendship baby!

Dex-chan lover
Wait... the lotus goddess is Renge?
anime-non-non-biyori-renge-miyauchi-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Generally speaking, people ARE stupid though. It isn't even remotely a stretch that the guy wouldn't ask any questions because people are just that stupid normally... let alone when they themselves have been magically lobotomised via love potions and the like.
I mean your points aren't wrong, but even a completely ordinary, average person wouldn't even stop to think of those things unless they had prior reason to be suspicious.

• Love
Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread