The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - A Beautiful Person

Dex-chan lover
oh to have a handsome female knight propose swear loyalty to you

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sofia is so ride or die, I love her for that.

PS:
[Pg 22] Remilia, my deranged beloved!
[Pg 24] Remilia, my deranged beloved!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for that t/n note on the pina line; really adds depth to that interaction and heightens the reading experience. Thanks for translating this chapter! Redraws were done excellently: adds a lot to the final product. You’ve given a lot, so please don’t feel pressure to continue: your work is high quality and again free. Thank you for this gift. 💝

Dex-chan lover
IMO senpai > senior, and translating regular Japanese honorifics to english usually makes it look kinda jank.
well they also do have 'western' names more or less, but the senpai/kohai honorifcs aren't the same in eng (tho i wouldn't be surprised if that time period/royalty did have specific titles, but i suppose "upperclassman" might be a little less awkward even tho i can't imagine someone address someone as that directly versus talking about them in third person, i imagine all the "Lady Remilia" and such is like -sama in the original)

Dex-chan lover
IMO senpai > senior, and translating regular Japanese honorifics to english usually makes it look kinda jank.
I honestly prefer translating honorifics, especially if it's in a setting that's not Japan. My reasoning for this is that I view translations as a way to improve accessibility for people who want to read the the source material in their native language. It sounds awkward to me when translations use Japanese honorifics, especially since there's technically already honorifics used in English that can be used for a direct translation. However, everything on this site is fan translated, so accessibility isn't as big of a concern comparted to official translations.

Double-page supporter
Okay so I had a thought. We know that there are basically two souls in the body of our Protagonist(Villainess) and Emi's kind and loving soul was able to rectify the original Remilia but what about the possess Star Maiden, isn't it possible she also have the original soul trap in her body watching all this unfold. Will she be influence my the corrupted Star Maiden or the end game is basically beating Star Maiden so bad that her true soul comes back while also bringin Emi back as well? Maybe that's the end game plan.

Users who are viewing this thread