The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - “Dear foolish you”

Dex-chan lover
rem's revenge is such a slow burn that you wouldn't think someone is pulling strings(literally spider's strings lmao)

i guess being a demonfolk means having the face of a sly fox is basically natural lmao page 21 ; first panel - first prince smiling like the main merchant from rem's territory

yes they(emi's former entourage) are a natural moron and they only succeed because they're riding the bus of emi express smh

YES THE ANTIDOTE IS NOW HERE! IT'S TIME TO CLIP THE COCKROACH LEGS OF THE COCKROACH COLORED HAIR BITCH

Double-page supporter
those assholes that commented that are too pussy to show themselves

you guys are great and top notch in your work, maybe those idiotic comments came from jealousy since you'd have to be utterly delusional to claim you guys work as "poor quality"

honestly if you see those comments never take them seriously unless they actually provide proof of their claims

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
TL plz just announce the complainers next time. We'll lynch them.
Compared to the MTL garbage I read in other places this is epic quality.

Ngl I kinda don't want her to cure the love potion in any way since it's pointless

Fed-Kun's army
Bells of Reckoning are Riging...:!!!!!! XD Let's prepare the Popcorn to ultimate Falldown!!!!!

Meo

Double-page supporter
The translation is perfectly fine.

FINALLY, everything is ready for the Fake Pina condemnation.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter! Major kudos for your translation; this series does not seem easy to translate, considering all the politics and dense speech bubbles.

Typos & edit suggestions: @lin_tvdchick
  • p5 What is the residents' ratio? It's roughly equal, with about half from each group. -> (Which groups are those?)
  • p14 Countess Dorelias' salon -> Countess Dorelia's salon
  • p15 artefacts -> artifacts
  • p18 and prevent them from getting their point across -> and prevent them from getting their points across
  • p20 of other countries -> of other countries.
  • p21 those of the elves, dwarves, and beast bloodlines -> those of the elf, dwarf, and beast bloodlines // those of the elvish, dwarven, and beast bloodlines
  • p21 previously lied on -> previously lay on
  • p21 In light of our recent decision to open borders for reconstruction -> (Does "our" here refer to the human kingdom, or the demon realm? I figure it would have to be the latter. In which case the prince would presumably not say "our" but rather "In light of the demon realm's recent decision".)
  • p22 I believe that is not a problem. I hear it is a minority group among a population of tens of thousands. -> (I didn't understand this part.)
  • p22 partnershipposes -> partnership poses
  • p23 our country is currently advancing in agricultural reforms -> our country is currently advancing via agricultural reforms // our country is currently advancing agricultural reforms (?)
  • p23 ... Oh dear, I apologise. Please forgive me, I have no other intentions. -> (I didn't quite understand this part. It's supposed to be a stab at the crown prince, but how?)
This is not addressed to me but I think I will address some matters.
1. Regarding the resident ratio. I'm pretty sure it's not specified in the translation but an implied ratio of humans:non-humans (elves, demon, beast, etc). But that's my speculation and if you're translating it, you don't want to add your own assumption to it.

2. Regarding the agricultural reforms, I believe that sentence is correct. What is advancing is the agricultural (not the country). Remi's crop rotation + fertilizer.

If you look at the whole speech as a whole, he's saying now that they can produce more due to the agriculture reform, they can export those needed goods to demon land. So it has nothing to do with the country's advancement which your "-->our country is currently advancing VIA agricultural reforms" mean.

3. That part is a stab at the prince. Remember the Prince introducing Pina's idea when the rural area is already using it. It was a stab/reminder of that. The country is already in a state of advancement and the Prince's idea didn't even have the fertilizer involved. He's purposely drawing attention to it. Like those white lotus that purposely apologizes to draw attention to a forgotten matter.

4. Artefact is the British spelling. Similar to "cheque" v. "check"

Last edited:

Meo

Double-page supporter
The translation is perfectly fine.

Can't wait for Fake Pina's condemnation

Who's complaining about translation quality? Sure, there's a few mistakes here and there, but considering the sheer number of dialogues, it is to be expected. The overall quality is still imho very high. Keep up the good work!

Dex-chan lover
Just wanted to add my own thanks for the translation efforts here. The unfortunate reality of translating older chapters is that the population of readers is going to be orders of magnitude smaller, and consequently complaining voices will be heard louder despite not being even remotely representative of your readership. Hope that the level of support the community is showing you here keeps the burnout at bay for a while longer :thumbsup:

I just wanted to add my comment here to support the people who translated this manga. As a person who barely speaks a foreign language, I truly thank you for giving us the opportunity to understand the story. The ones who are complaining must be jealous of your skills because it is very hard to find stories as easy to follow as this one. Lots of love!!

lol I guess some people never had to REALLY read/ interpret a full ass text (or manga/comic/etc) that was 100%, ONLY, machine translated (⁠ʘ⁠ᴗ⁠ʘ⁠✿⁠)
Because, boy-oh-boy, they have noooooo idea how good this people's work is and I'm only talking about the translation part right now!
Do these people know how difficult it is to Clean, Typeset, REDRAW?! Even one single page?????
Holy Hell! I don't do what these guys do, but by the gods I tried! I'm crazy perfectionist and can't meet a deadline to save my life, so I gave up, but the respect was there even before and only got bigger.
You guys are amazing!!!!
Thank you more than much!!! 💜💜💜💜💜

Amazing job as always!! I love your tls! They are better than a lot of professional tls I’ve seen!! We non Japanese readers rely on you all so much!! Thank you for the chaptersss!!

Dex-chan lover
Love how Remilia's revenge plan can be summed up as 'bringing peace and prosperity to the world'.
And the best part? It works.

Users who are viewing this thread