The One Within the Villainess

Fed-Kun's army
the source material is kinda short, and a bit messy (or the translation is messy idk), but overall pretty good, and this adaptation already fix some of those messy moments, so I'm very happy with this one :d
pretty sastisfy with the ending, and with her way of vengence, Giorno's style

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I really love this short fast paced flow this story has. But even though it's short it's pretty thick in content. Our FL is just so OP it's crazy. Her taking a back seat and learning from the start was a great move. Once she came out she was unstoppable

Fed-Kun's army
8c7.png

Another rare "OTOME GAME" themed story that piqued my interest!
So far it's the following:
1. Kiss Him, Not Me = for laughs
2. Bakarina of HameFura = for laughs again
and with this one, it's actually the opposite of the previous two! NICE!

Fed-Kun's army
This is pretty decent.
If only some mangakas can learn to do just good stories and not a lust filled sextacy adventure garbage.... but sadly no.
horny normies buy garbage tier stories.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty decent but it has a major inherent problem.

The star maiden protagonist of the original game was a self insert mary sue. Remilia's plan for revenge mostly revolves around stealing the march on the star maiden and essentially beating the game before the star maiden can even start it. However, as she imitates the protagonist of that story, she rapidly develops those sue like traits and half the story is spent showing everyone heaping praise upon praise as the seemingly invincible Remilia rapidly solves all the worlds problems effortlessly. Despite being a supposed villainess, she goes on and on about how it's all a mask and she's just using people but she never actually does anything remotely evil or particularly manipulative. Meanwhile, the star maiden and her harem essentially disappear from the story as it focuses more on Remilia being OP and the rest of the casts boot licking.

I give it a 6/10. Not terrible, but not peak fiction like everyone claims it is.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty decent but it has a major inherent problem.

The star maiden protagonist of the original game was a self insert mary sue. Remilia's plan for revenge mostly revolves around stealing the march on the star maiden and essentially beating the game before the star maiden can even start it. However, as she imitates the protagonist of that story, she rapidly develops those sue like traits and half the story is spent showing everyone heaping praise upon praise as the seemingly invincible Remilia rapidly solves all the worlds problems effortlessly. Despite being a supposed villainess, she goes on and on about how it's all a mask and she's just using people but she never actually does anything remotely evil or particularly manipulative. Meanwhile, the star maiden and her harem essentially disappear from the story as it focuses more on Remilia being OP and the rest of the casts boot licking.

I give it a 6/10. Not terrible, but not peak fiction like everyone claims it is.
i understand why you think this way, and actually i would agree it does feel like she's a mary sue. but i think there are a couple points that should be made
1. i don't think this is a completely believable reason for her strength, but emi (as remilia) trained hard. and keeps training even when she's strong. this was explained pretty much in the first chapter with snippets later on. on top of that it's mentioned remilia's potential is crazy high, which it needed to be for her to become the "big bad" of the original game.
2. the idea of a villain/ess is foundationally, the enemy of the protagonist. but i think there's also an obsession that tends to be an integral part of a villain/ess. in this case remilia's obsession is emi. you'll see it all throughout the story that she is only trying to be the way emi was and wanted as remilia. everything is for emi. what is important is not how evil she is but how far she is willing to go for her obsession
3. i kinda said this already but remilia's not trying to be the protagonist, she's trying to be the remilia that emi was. the remilia that emi wanted her to be. everything has been her preparation for when the star maiden and her harem enter the story. which falls into how remilia wants revenge because of her obsession with emi.
the reason this is highly rated is because the story focuses on remilia, her motivations, her reasons for why she is acting the way she is. so though ther are mary sue elemnts here, it is permissible because the focus of the story isn't in the action. this is a story of two sisters, and how much they love each other, before it is a story about saving the world or revenge.

Dex-chan lover
i understand why you think this way, and actually i would agree it does feel like she's a mary sue. but i think there are a couple points that should be made
1. i don't think this is a completely believable reason for her strength, but emi (as remilia) trained hard. and keeps training even when she's strong. this was explained pretty much in the first chapter with snippets later on. on top of that it's mentioned remilia's potential is crazy high, which it needed to be for her to become the "big bad" of the original game.
2. the idea of a villain/ess is foundationally, the enemy of the protagonist. but i think there's also an obsession that tends to be an integral part of a villain/ess. in this case remilia's obsession is emi. you'll see it all throughout the story that she is only trying to be the way emi was and wanted as remilia. everything is for emi. what is important is not how evil she is but how far she is willing to go for her obsession
3. i kinda said this already but remilia's not trying to be the protagonist, she's trying to be the remilia that emi was. the remilia that emi wanted her to be. everything has been her preparation for when the star maiden and her harem enter the story. which falls into how remilia wants revenge because of her obsession with emi.
the reason this is highly rated is because the story focuses on remilia, her motivations, her reasons for why she is acting the way she is. so though ther are mary sue elemnts here, it is permissible because the focus of the story isn't in the action. this is a story of two sisters, and how much they love each other, before it is a story about saving the world or revenge.
You make some good points and I agree with a lot of it but I do want to make some counter arguments of my own.

1. Like you said, Remilia/Emi trained for some of their power but so little of that is shown and focused on in the story that instead of her training becoming an important part of her character demonstrating her determination and hard work, it simply becomes an excuse for her to already be capable of doing almost anything the author wants.

2. While Remilia certainly does have some of the villainess traits, the problem is that the story itself tries to present her as an antihero when her actions have been purely heroic so far. The premise from the first chapter was that this was a revenge story featuring an actual villainess instead of generic isekai sue #583. Instead, we get Remilia monologuing on and on about how evil and manipulative she is while playing with orphans as onlookers feel the need to spend a few pages talking about how she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. As for her obsession with Emi, another issue is that Emi is just gone from the story now without a clear reason. Without Emi around, all we know about her is what Remilia has said and what was in the first chapter. We see so little of her that just like Remilia's training, instead of coming across as an important major character she becomes an excuse for Remilia to be all powerful and act heroic.

Dex-chan lover
You make some good points and I agree with a lot of it but I do want to make some counter arguments of my own.

1. Like you said, Remilia/Emi trained for some of their power but so little of that is shown and focused on in the story that instead of her training becoming an important part of her character demonstrating her determination and hard work, it simply becomes an excuse for her to already be capable of doing almost anything the author wants.

2. While Remilia certainly does have some of the villainess traits, the problem is that the story itself tries to present her as an antihero when her actions have been purely heroic so far. The premise from the first chapter was that this was a revenge story featuring an actual villainess instead of generic isekai sue #583. Instead, we get Remilia monologuing on and on about how evil and manipulative she is while playing with orphans as onlookers feel the need to spend a few pages talking about how she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. As for her obsession with Emi, another issue is that Emi is just gone from the story now without a clear reason. Without Emi around, all we know about her is what Remilia has said and what was in the first chapter. We see so little of her that just like Remilia's training, instead of coming across as an important major character she becomes an excuse for Remilia to be all powerful and act heroic.
those are some good arguments, and i'll keep my response short:
1. i think this is just an issue of the author/artist wanting to focus on the story, rather than trying to justify their strength. it relates back to everything she's doing for her revenge rather than how she does it. narrative choice maybe, author didn't think the justification important
2. i now do think looking back the praise has been excessive. not much i can say except that the gravity of what she does and how no one else does it could be the reason why she's praised so much. i do disagree about emi though, her presence is felt through remilia, and maybe you think she only turns into an excuse but the first couple chapters should have established how important emi is to remilia

Fed-Kun's army
those are some good arguments, and i'll keep my response short:
1. i think this is just an issue of the author/artist wanting to focus on the story, rather than trying to justify their strength. it relates back to everything she's doing for her revenge rather than how she does it. narrative choice maybe, author didn't think the justification important
2. i now do think looking back the praise has been excessive. not much i can say except that the gravity of what she does and how no one else does it could be the reason why she's praised so much. i do disagree about emi though, her presence is felt through remilia, and maybe you think she only turns into an excuse but the first couple chapters should have established how important emi is to remilia

The over praising in a lot of villainess manhwa rubs me the wrong way. But I like it here because it's part of the twisted thought process. The praise is "for" Emi (who she's living in obsessed tribute to). It shows how even the joy and happiness of others is not something she takes for herself or considers hers regardless of how much work she put in.

I would like to hop in and give my thoughts on this as well

1. I see your points here and I can see why you'd think this. For the point of training I think it was established around the beginning at some point that Remilia's potential was insane and I think in a side chapter we do get some view points from Emi that if Remilla put her mind into she could become a whole lot of things. So basically she's seen as an insane prodigy of some sorts and Emi simply trained up the prodigy to basically do whatever she wants. So simply put Remilia had potential to being with and was trained to be good in all aspects so basically in terms of asking for a demonstration of strength for Remilia its kinda like asking to measure Saitama's strength(not exactly like that but you should get the point that Remilia is basically abnormal). As for it being an excuse if you pair up Remilia's abnormal potential and Emi's memories on how the story goes it's basically irrelevant to showcase most fights against the story bosses and it becomes a situation of Remilia bodying all the bosses.

To sum it all up it's kinda of pointless to showcase Remilia's abnormal prowess more than once and would only likely have been show if met with something of equal or semi-equal prowess (such as the gods she's fought). Remilia is too strong that it's better to focus on the story rather than give a spectacle on how she speedran every single boss.
2. Remilia is more of a person made a villain due to circumstances. Her parents used her as a tool and Remilia it's shown throughout the story that when she loves a person she tends to be more obsessive about them. She's less villain and more of just a insanely powerful girl that doesn't have proper common sense. For the revenge part it's more or less seeming like the author is going for a big build up to absolutely satisfy Remilia. Remilia doesn't just want to kill Pina or embarrass her she means to essentially annihilate her. Remilia takes satisfaction in knowing the fact that Pina is struggling for any sense of control and we do see a glimpse into Remilia's mind into just how much she wants to make her suffer. While Emi isn't on screen much we can see just how much she's actually influenced Remilia and Remilia has access to her memories and does actions that she believe Emi would do. With what we know of Emi she's a girl with a loving family that tends to care for others a lot and tends to be a hard worker. As for why Emi disappeared it can be implied that after all the hard work of trying to be loved and give the villainess a better life but all of it amounting to essentially nothing she fell into a deep state of depression and slumber so this let Remilia take back her body.

To sum this point up Remilia took a different route of instead of being a villainess thanks to Emi being such a positive influence on her and when Emi's hard work to ensure a good ending for the villainess turned to dust Emi became depressed and disappeared into slumber while an extremely angry Remilia came back with the goal of making Pina's life a living hell in return for making Emi depressed. This is currently leading up to a big moment where Remilia will absolutely destroy Pina.
Regardless of how I say this I believe it's a matter of preference on the author's writing style and way of writing characters so I think this manga deserves the hype that it's receiving.

Overall this meant to be just my thoughts and not be toxic in any way and I am open to discuss any other points you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread