The Princess of Sylph (Twitter Version) - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Lord please tell me this was a fake out
636144760420623737-AFP-AFP-HW9W4-86582234.JPG

Dex-chan lover
Sara is probably bluffing. I doubt she wanted to do this. But it doesn't change anything. Lots of people died all the same, and the kingdom went to shit. Natalia's plan failed.

I guess this answers my question from a few chapters back. "Wouldn't it have been better to kill Sara as soon as Natalia learned she had the sword?" Now I think it would. I think it might have stopped this slaughter and saved the kingdom. Maybe Natalia is better off with Sara on a personal level, maybe she needs her, but as the queen she should have thought about how to save the most people first instead of risking everything due to her personal attachments.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... That's a new level of self flagellation. And I'm a expert in the field. And with that the Princess get the kingdom love again. But isn't all that hatred floating around in the air going to summon more monsters?
Self flagellation is a good term for it. You can imagine what's going through Sara's head right now. And yeah that's a mob in the making, right?

Dex-chan lover
Y’all, answer this honestly but make sure to mark it as spoiler: did the author say anything about the serialisation being 100% a retcon or will we see some events repeating themselves?

We did get the water snakes enwrapping someone (this version it was Natalia, in the series version it was Sara when the snake princess tried to get the sword out ), so that’s definitely a callback. Now I wonder if the Kingdom will also go to shit on the “new” story getting published.

Dex-chan lover
Y’all, answer this honestly but make sure to mark it as spoiler: did the author say anything about the serialisation being 100% a retcon or will we see some events repeating themselves?

We did get the water snakes enwrapping someone (this version it was Natalia, in the series version it was Sara when the snake princess tried to get the sword out ), so that’s definitely a callback. Now I wonder if the Kingdom will also go to shit on the “new” story getting published.
@Beltaro can explain this much better but: this version is basically a draft version. So expect similar broad strokes but changed details, characterizations, intermediate events etc. The serialized version is like a second pass where she can full develop her ideas better and maybe focus on details she couldn't (or hadn't thought of), or fix things that were present when this was a shorter, less planned twitter manga.

The most obvious difference is that she wants more focus on and development of the romance and relationship between the two. The serialized version also put more focus on how broken Natalia was before Sara and how "human" she actually is. Both versions question the legend of the sword a bit and what it's actually capable of. Pacing has obviously changed and she's done more setting up for what will come later. Other changes we'll all have to see as she makes them.

So the kingdom (or at least this section of the kingdom) will likely still have issues but the nuances of how we get there already seem different between the two, in important ways; and it likely won't play out exactly the same.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, she want to sacrifice herself so Natalia get the sword AND the faith so she can be the one who save everyone ? Guess she didn't think rightfully, not only it would make a mob and more angry people so more monsters and i don't think Natalia will be ok with that method.
They're both idiots who just think that sacrifice themselves will be better for the greater without thinking what the other want.

Group Leader
When I was first offered to serialize this manga, I thought I'd set it chronologically after the Princess Side. The incident at the capital could be revealed through flashbacks while the pair went on a heartwarming love comedy adventure for two. I happily drew up drafts of the first 3 chapters of this, and during the serialization meeting this idea was utterly shot down.

My editor suggested restarting from the very beginning to allow new readers to better enjoy it. Which they were completely right about. So it was settled I would be drawing up a reconstructed story taking into account everything from the Princess Side on twitter and pixiv, the Sister Side on fanbox, and the doujinshi prequel.

I plan on following the chronology of the self-published version, but things might progress a little differently with new events mixed in. Those of you who already read the self-published version will have fun with it too... I hope. Since I have the opportunity to start it all over, I'd like to make it even more exciting than the last time. I'll try my best.

I don't know if Kamejiro's ever straight up said "Yes this is going to be the exact same story," but there's been several statements suggesting we should expect everything to play out similarly. Any changes are just to make the story flow better, feel more dramatic, or entertain old fans who already know what's coming.

And there's been more than enough foreshadowing in the serialized version to suggest the same events will occur. Chapter 11 subtly built the foundation for the climax of this conflict: Natalia needing to betray her duty to the people if she wants to save Sara's life.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, she want to sacrifice herself so Natalia get the sword AND the faith so she can be the one who save everyone ? Guess she didn't think rightfully, not only it would make a mob and more angry people so more monsters and i don't think Natalia will be ok with that method.
They're both idiots who just think that sacrifice themselves will be better for the greater without thinking what the other want.
I think Sara's just guilt-ridden because she thinks everything is her fault. If Natalia had the sword, she could have easily saved the kingdom since the sword can pacify the monsters without even fighting. But she couldn't use the sword so she had to risk her life to save the people.

But everyone made mistakes here: Natalia's brother for giving the sword to Sara despite the danger to the kingdom, Natalia for not killing Sara to get the sword back when she had the chance. What's really sad is that those who ended up paying for this mistakes are the people. So many people died. There's no fixed that now. Even if Natalia and Sara make it out alive from this, it won't change the fact a lot of people died, people Natalia was responsible for since she's the queen.

Dex-chan lover
Soooooooooo.... Is sister Sara throwing herself under a giant bus to "save" Natalia? So that people's faith will return to her? So that she'll become the saviour? And maybe even, somehow, return the sword to her?
Man this version is so much more serious and grim, every chapter leaves me speechless, yet full of interrogations?
Fuck me this is great, having the two versions actually makes the experience so much better, and I can't really explain it.
Anyways, I guess I'll heal myself with some Twitter shorts for now.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure everyone being turned to stone was not in the plan. Sara realized this and decided to lie so that the Princess gets love and faith, while taking on all the blame by herself.

Wonder how will Princess save Sara this time?

thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread