The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Hypericum

"Sadness will not last"
1637060309_1302245_gif-url.gif

Dex-chan lover
eh, It really feels over the past year or two that jp yuri audiences tastes have changed in a direction... that well, I find disappointing, but I'm glad to see more authors getting to earn money with yuri i guess?
Yuri audiences didn't change, rather we got yuri mangas that are focused on larger audience, which is why they're not always published in yuri magazine, so they tend to be different from the usual yuri.

I would argue that is  good, yuri has always been niche due to being laser focused on romance first and foremost, and generally always telling the same types of story, when in practice we need different types of story.

Problem with this manga is that the romance and their relationship is clearly the main focus, so I'm not surprised it failed, probably wouldn't have been axed in a yuri magazine.

Group Leader
Thanks for signposting Kamejiro's fanbox again for the continuation. There's a slim chance that this could get picked up by another magazine, hopefully an actual Yuri magazine, so I'd suggest people to continue posting and sharing this, on top of supporting Kamejiro directly via the fanbox of course.
Can't let this gorgeous work go to nothing!

Dex-chan lover
I really wanted to like this, but I can see why this got killed. It started meandering about nothing for the sake of... I honestly don't know. We have three volumes worth of content, and we didn't have a main plot line. Nothing ever happed on the romance plot either for some ungodly reason. Like, what was the author thinking here? I honestly don't know.

Dex-chan lover
This might be my favorite manga currently running so I'm really sad to see that it couldn't find it's audience, although I understand the intersection between fans of yuri romance, comedy and this particular type of slow paced, human-scale fantasy might be a bit small lol.

Thank you so much for translating this series!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread