The Princess of Sylph

Group Leader
Since this manga has a bit of a story behind it I thought I'd make a big boring post for posterity.

This is the serialized version of a self-published webcomic that ran from 2019 to 2022. It was split into 3 parts: a prologue, the Sister Side, and the Princess Side, of which only the 3rd was readable free of charge. Sister and Princess covered simultaneous events from their respective character's perspectives.

If you can read Japanese, you can check the Princess Side out here, but of course it's going to potentially come with heavy spoilers.

Now—of the 5 chapters currently outpractically all of it is new material loosely following the same story. The major beats are the same (Natalia is the last surviving member of the royal family and horribly depressed, Sara is the current owner of Sylpheed and needs to get through to her, a certain snake is influencing things, etc) but minor details have changed (for example Sara not knowing how to summon Sylpheed) and all the events are brand new.

Kamejiro has stated this will be a revised version of the same story, incorporating all 3 parts in a way that's approachable for newcomers while staying exciting for old-time fans. Initially the manga almost started from the end of the webcomic, picking up their adventure right where it left off, but the editor shot that idea down. Probably for the best.

Having read the original, I absolutely loved it and couldn't help but translate this version despite already having too much on my plate. So far it's a great improvement giving me very high hopes to see how the rest is handled.

But I will say the original got darker than you might think. If that concerns you I'll give a vague idea of how dark:
There's a strong focus on suicide, one of the girls is permanently injured, and a lot of background characters died some gruesome deaths.

On the brighter side, if yuri's your thing (it'd better be) Kamejiro's promised to make this more romantic than the original.
Originally, the main story was serious business while all the cuddly making out was left to anachronistic bonus art. And judging from chapter 5 it's definitely heading in a much flirtier direction.

Speaking of bonus art I do plan to upload some of that as extras once the story catches up to that stage of their relationship, though I have no plans currently to translate the original story.

Last edited:
Thank you for translating! The original sounds like it's gonna put me in depression so I'll avoid it for now. I'm loving this so far, feels like I found a needle in a haystack. I'd defo buy this!

Fed-Kun's army
thank you for the translation; this has rapidly become one of my favorite series and i am beyond excited to see where it goes

I didn't expect this to be so good, couldn't wait for more<3

Last edited:
Thank you so much for translating this! You're doing a great job!!

This is the first time maybe ever I've gone out of my way to buy a volume of a manga before it even arrives in Japanese at my local bookstore - it's just so good. At first I definitely underestimated this manga but the more I read the more the story and characters felt realistic and loveable. The setting as well is very unique and as a fantasy lover, I'm so happy to see a genuine fantasy story!!

ALSO THEY'RE GAY!!!

this one is so GOOD! the art, the story and the characters dev etc.. i love them all! hope this series gets more recognization as it's deserved. totally recommend :glee::hearts:

Dex-chan lover
The Princess of Sylph (serialization version) got axed.

https://kamejiroro.fanbox.cc/posts/7810811

Apparently it didn't sell well, and it absolutely baffles me how this could happen.
Fuck, man...
From their twitter:
Cancellation may sound negative, but I think it was a good step forward. The sequel will be an independent series, so please continue to follow me.
I think it will probably be okay, but please stop blaming anyone else or yourself for it being cancelled. I'll continue drawing as usual, so I hope you will continue to support me as usual.
When an english speaking fan asked them about the cancellation, they said this:
The commercial series will end next month, but I will continue to draw individually. Don't worry, the story continues.

Dex-chan lover
From their twitter:

Yeah, should've added more details that non-JP speaker might miss.
1. Chapter 17 will be the last. Latest untranslated chapter is 16 (just released).
2. Kamejiro-sensei will self-publish the continuation like what they've done before the serialization. Please show some support.

Oh lord thank you good people for sharing the information on these forums too. Fingers crossed the independent releases go well.
From their twitter:

Fed-Kun's army
The Princess of Sylph (serialization version) got axed.

https://kamejiroro.fanbox.cc/posts/7810811

Apparently it didn't sell well, and it absolutely baffles me how this could happen.
Fuck, man...
I am absolutely baffled that instead of all the serialised garbage this manga is getting cancelled.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading garbage too, but this here is a rare case when characters and setup feel fresh. AND art and storytelling are good. How is this not popular? I'm not delusional, right?

Users who are viewing this thread