The Rising of the Shield Hero - Ch. 108 - Loincloth Dog

Dex-chan lover
That's so stupid. Shield Hero is not for children. Getting sick of sanitization localization.
The problem here is that mfs over in management still can't comprehend that manga are a whole medium, not one aimed at children. Likely same kind of mofos who think cartoons (English word for animated media - literally same thing as anime) and comics are only for children.

The funniest shit is that graphic novels absolutely exist in the anglosphere too and that there're plenty of raw af comics out there...

Dex-chan lover
Wait... Why the name change? Witch? Isn't it supposed to be...

BITCH?
The official English changed it to Witch to avoid complaints from child protection groups, so Tanooki changed it to match.
Not this sh*t again... These localizers and their virtue signaling really ruining otaku culture.
And the fan TL group following suit makes it worse. Come on...
I'll still call her Bitch. :pacman:
Tbh, it actually is from the original, with witch being a shortened for of Zwei-bitch(two-bitch)

Dex-chan lover
Does it matter? Especially when the big issue is finding her and execute her. Along with her lackeys that help her jam the slave crest.
Because the point is that she's being insulted when referred to. Calling her "Witch" nullifies the punishment while also being a dumb nod to the reader "we could call her Bitch, but we'll soften it with a 'w'."

Dex-chan lover
Why village children don't grow up with level? Author forgot his setting?
Because it's race by race factor within even the Demi-Human.
Everyone matures and develops at a different pace.

Like both Raphtalia & Keel are 10+ years old but Raphtalia looked younger compared to her age, while Keel's physical look matched her age somewhat (which is why during those flashback scenes of Raphtalia's past, everyone treated her as if she was younger than them, even-though everyone was of similar age).

But post level-up, Raphtalia looks like a 18-20, while Keel looks like a 15 year old.

Dex-chan lover
Filo needs to learn how to double tap and make sure your target stay down

Dex-chan lover
OK might have missed something. Anyone know what was the Japanese characters they used for the 1st Princess punishment "name"? I was pretty sure it was supposed to be Bitch and not Witch?

manga author fucked up on page 14, Raphtalia is able to do a therianthrope transformation. she just doesn't because she doesn't want to look like Raph-chan (lol)
is this a discrepancy between LN and WN? I read the whole WN and I don't remember this.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Motoyasu, still as creepy as ever...
(OωO`)...

Dex-chan lover
Bro... they just left the castle and Naofumi made Filo go back there for a carriage? What a sucker.

Dex-chan lover
Tanooki, my dudes, I know we got a Vicchi type of pun last chapter and it did make sense last chapter but please don't run with it :nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread