The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 26 Ch. 106 - Witch

Dex-chan lover
This is very different from the webnovel.
There, Ren was the first to join Naofumi's village, while Motoyasu and Bow were both real handfulss, completely wrapped up in their own troubles. It's so fascinating to be reading this and seeing the differences, even if I never finished the webnovel (stopped reading shortly after Naofumi and Co. found Bow again).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
This development is kinda lame. For some reason I was hoping she would stick to Motoyasu since he stood by her even after she pulled that crap the first time. Now she just is a bona-fide cartoon villain and it feels really uncreative and cheap for the author to repeat the first arc again.

Double-page supporter
One of the dumbest moments in the story. They already know she's a liar. She's been prosecuted and everything. But now the author is playing up that spectacle by showing that the characters have shit for brains.
I mean, the 3 have never been shown as smart, rational thinkers to begin with. And it's justified. Ren and Itsuki are literal teenagers according to the wiki, and Motoyasu is in his early 20s, and clearly a bit cuckoo in his head - the guy literally got himself stabbed to death with his philandering. Anyway, most people are dumb at that age, and have little idea how to properly manage their emotions, or the perspective how to understand them. And that's exactly what we see with Ren; a young guy who never faced hardship, who is still a child, now suddenly faced with a serious amount of survivors guilt.

Of course he is looking for someone else to blame. Otherwise he has to hate and loath himself. Most people can't even stand light amounts of self-criticism, so this?

Myne tells him exactly what he wants to hear, what feels good, so he wants to trust her, despite what she did. Because the alternative is considering himself a bad person, in his own simplistic view. He doesn't know how to properly process shame or guilt, and Myne simply takes advantage of that weakness.

Dex-chan lover
Do "bitch" and "slut" mean anything particular in Japanese?

How did someone end up with that name and have someone casually calling out to them as Slut?

Dex-chan lover
I'm still reading this crap. Wth is wrong with me? This is really really stupid. He spared the whore, she keeps making trouble, TALK with the goddamn Queen already to make her put a bounty on that cunt. This is such fucking stupid bullshit. Always same shit, a serie has a good beginning and then goes to shit. Happens with so many LN, mangas and animes, it's not even funny any more. Flips table FUCK IT I'M DONE. 🤬🤬

Dex-chan lover
This series is really running in circles. A textbook example of an author not having the guts to end their successful series properly, instead milking it until nothing but a desiccated corpse is left behind. I suppose it would take courage to risk it all with a new title, not knowing if it's going to find readers. Plenty of authors can do it, though. Not this cowardly one.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit
And here I thought that Naofumi would at least learn something from his experiences living the hard way in that world.
Like, the conflict in this chapter is just...

:facepalm:
Almost like these characters have, character flaws and are not perfect human beings that can do no wrong...

You got Naofumi stuck with a curse that killed part of his emotion and reasoning. Because while the hero weapons are great and powerful, the "curse" series inflict incredible side effects to the characters.

Naofumi has managed to lessen the curse by a lot by now, but it's not gone. This isn't a logical issue it's literally a debuff Naofumi is stuck with that fucks with his emotions and reasoning.

Dex-chan lover
Well part from Naofumi the 3 other Heroes have quite the complicated background which is why when they got to that world they where all in RPG mode and not caring

Tanks for the food

Dex-chan lover
we already know they won't kill her, this is annoying.
should have killed her and the king consort(staff hero) when they had the chance. now these pests are making more troubles than they worth.

Dex-chan lover
In a story with even a spec of believability, Bitch would have been either imprisoned or executed for conspiring against the armed forces protecting the world from catastrophe (aka the heroes). But because the author has apparently run out of credible ways to push the story in the way he (?) wants to, we have to suffer the seemingly (and cartoonishly) irredeemable evil that is Cunt interacting with the braindead retards in denial that are the heroes (except shieldy boi, of course).

This has to be the chapter that most easily highlights how stupid this story can get sometimes, and some of the other comments seem to reflect that. Shills will try to defend it, but they wouldn't be shills if they had the mental capacity to distance themselves from things they like to think critically.
Are you seriously trying to suggest a woman making excuses for and giving way too many second chances to an evil manipulative abuser is somehow unbelievable? Sure, I can agree the heroes are retards, but come on, that's practically standard operating procedure for women.

Watermelon Consumer
Staff
Developer
you really are like ren LMAO you talk garbage about the story because you don’t like how it’s going not every one decides to MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER like you little wet dream LMAO
Shit take. The countries had an agreement to summon each of the heroes separately and organize to fight the waves, yet the king and myne conspired to summon them all of them to their country, leaving everyone else completely fucked in fighting the waves. They intentionally took away the means of fighting an apocalypse-tier scenario from countries they had positive relations with. What they did is on a "you've completely NUKED any chance of international relations" level. Offering their heads on a platter to the other countries is the least the queen could do to attempt to redeem themselves, but they got away with "lul it's just my husband and daughter being dumb again, we'll deal with it". Some of the arcs have been somewhat entertaining, but the overall storyline has had zero credibility since the queen first showed up.

Dex-chan lover
Oh... so they are doing the same thing that happened in the anime? Bitch will trick the Sword Hero and then the Bow hero? I will have to really wait months to read those bad moments again? Fuck that

Dex-chan lover
should have killed her and the king consort(staff hero) when they had the chance. now these pests are making more troubles than they worth.
It's a good thing they didn't kill Trash. Dude will be doing the biggest 180 in personality after a certain event happens. When that one does, he becomes arguably one of THE biggest supporters of Naofumi and apologizes for real for all of the shit he's unjustly put him through, as well as showcase just why he's the Hero of the Staff.

Users who are viewing this thread