The Rising of the Shield Hero

Dex-chan lover
....yeah, the manga kinda goes downhill for a while now.

Chapter 65 is... fine, I guess, but the emotion feels so shallow. Turtle arc before that is shit though. It's just so plain and boring, especially in comparison to previous arcs. The new party member is also pretty annoying.

Dex-chan lover
any other good not boring isekai?

Ive catch up to the latest Overlord, Nozomanu Boukensha, Embodiment of Darkness, and Slime Slayer

Dex-chan lover
@Sp1drr

ahh, thats the official english name for Kage no Jitsuryokusha, I should use the Japanese name instead

https://mangadex.org/title/33085/kage-no-jitsuryokusha-ni-naritakute

Double-page supporter
Is it just me or do the arcs feel a bit too... bland, I guess?
At this point, Naofumi doesn't seem to have any main reason(s) to still live on aside from taking care of his daughters (Seriously, he sees them as his adopted daughters) and going back to his original world, it just feels too straightforward to be an actual goal/reason

For those who've read the LN, I have a question: Do these arcs have a good follow up one eventually? Cause the turtle arc did NOT have a "good" follow up arc aside from introducing a new pacifist character

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@iteck Not sure if you meant as joke, but she is the Hunting Hero, not the Fishing Hero. She likes fishing but she can transform her weapons into all kind of hunter tools

@Human_the_2nd The manga seems a bit fast for how I enjoyed the LN, and in part due to the LN having a lot of explaining from Naofumi on everything. Here some slight spoilers:
*The turtle arc ending goes into the other world arc and the arc was not that long and finishes up the story of the Turtle arc except for the hero disappearance issue
*I have only read until #15, but after this arc there have not being any other waves since the next arcs are actually happening one after the other
*The Luronoa (Raphtalia's village) Slave arc goes in hand with the finding the missing heroes
*Q'ten Lo Arc that's about raphtalia's parent comes after it and midway on it is the visit on the Demi-Human Kingdom that was mentioned a bit of times and the Queen didn't want Naofumi to escape to it

Damn only had to wait less than a week for an update. If they could stick to weekly updates I'd be a happy camper

Dex-chan lover
@Eliminateur
exactly what's it called
https://mangadex.org/title/23197/slime-taoshite-300-nen-shiranai-uchi-ni-level-max-ni-nattemashita

i just like people getting angry because they completely miss what the author wants to do, like tate no yuusha main plot is just multiverse isekai battle royale and it's started because naofumi is getting fucked by one of the main villain's pawn. the plot is also deconstruction of isekai genre, especially the reincarnated isekai one

Dex-chan lover
@bejad007 interesting because a search for "slime layer" yields nothing on MD.
oh i had already on my to read list

@Andiza people get angry because the story is going everywhere and it's turning into crap, it's nothing grand like "deconstructing" anything, it's utter crap, the turtle arc was pure BS, long, boring, nonsense with all those new characters poping out of thin air, it hardly looks like the author has any idea left or that the manga was supposed to end long ago but popularity made him continue and he has no idea

@Eliminateur saying something like "crap" don't make your argument better. you also keep saying "manga" over and over again but don't even mention the light novel or even the web novel, the real source of the manga even once, it's showing that you are completely clueless about the story, so if you don't know what are you talking about please shut up. deconstructing stuff doesn't necessary means something grand, just tweaking some ideas is also can be considered deconstructing stuff lol. the story already gives you hint about how bad stuff can be if your summoned hero are kinda delusional with what they do, because they are summoned in world close to their games and now the story is about fighting delusional "reincarnator"
the real reason why they are fighting delusional "reincarnator" is because the real villain is literal godly being that likes to toy with people lives and destroying worlds with "the waves" because she's a jerkass
, the first to spirit turtle arc is just introduction to what can the villain does to the newbie heroes, after that it's about what the villain does to another world etc. the story is also a deconstruction of revenge based isekai, unlike normal revenge isekai, naofumi need to control his anger issue so he doesn't destroy the world by killing the other heroes.

if that stuff isn't your cup of tea just read something else. oh, actually you can alsoread the light novel to know the "complete story" than saying something like that.

Forgot to unfollow this. Quite unfortunate that this will turn into what the novel became.
Not to mention this multiverse building up to blaming everything on Malty yet again cause of some evil goddesses soul and what not, then she get's a gruesome torture followed by death.
Happy End. ...
Yeah no... most of the LN readers are hating this shit

Users who are viewing this thread