The Rising of the Shield Hero

Urgh... I hate such character like Rishia. Never know what they are doing, clumsy to no end and is almost always a burden. And she just gotta squeal all the time. Wow. Even Malty seems useful comparing to Rishia =_=

That sounds like Itsuki talk to me. You don't realize it but she it quite literally learning a brand new language on her own with no help. And it was because she was paying so close attention that they found Filo.

@konzolmester it's the rating from MAL, rounded up because i just like it. And yes, there are better ones out there with no hate for mc for ridiculous or no reason. But then again, i can't deny my enjoyment i felt when i read this, so yeah.

HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS. SHIT WENT FROM 1-1000 REAL FUCKING QUICK.

Also: KILL THEM ALL, NO MERCY

W h o d a r e s h i t a l o l i m u s t r e c e i v e t h e C a p i t a l p u n i s h e m e n t .

tate no trash yuusha. Can't believe this still works well despite being that bad, it's mainstream as well, no wonder considering you can't be more plain and generic, it can only please those who are satisfied with little; fair enough. Guess nobody watched the good fantasy anime from the 90s or early 2000, they share similar tropes but the gap between their objective quality is abyssal.

Fed-Kun's army
@bgi123 It's not bad. Some parts of it were actually great, but the further it goes the more it annoys me.
MC being the edgy shit, comfy relationship with slavery, both of which should've been somewhat solved after the duel.

@gladiatorua really only has good reviews due to the early shock and awe, and emo revenge plot early on.

He is basically a spell caster. I dropped this around chapter 50. Not sure if anything changes, but I really wished the author would have made his "rage" power more epic instead of something generic. When I heard of it I thought he would have something like the berserk armor/demonic full plate, just with immolation and triangular bladed shields on both arms that he can magically throw and control. At least this is what I imagined his upgrades would be.

Fed-Kun's army
@bgi123 Emo revenge plot was fine, but it has taken it too far. Also, when revenge finally happened it wasn't satisfying at all. I am a sucker for good revenge.

Some type of damage reflection would've worked great as his offensive power. Even fit in with emo theme of him enduring hate. Hell, him losing his curse power because he became a happier, more well-adjusted person would've been neat. Different types of immolation would've worked too.

The problem with upgrades that they were just added off-screen, based on momentary imagination, rather than need or story. He has a bunch of powers, few really fleshed out.

Users who are viewing this thread