The Rising of the Shield Hero

@MajorWaffle that's probably because at that point it kind of splits from the original web novel story. It still has the
spirit turtle ark, but that has been changed so much that you cannot really recognize it. After all, the spirit turtle actually reached the capital and collapsed onto it when dying, destroying parts of it and killing many people. It also never gained such a thing as a conscious persona that looked like a female human. From that point onward the heroes get corrupted while on the run and face off with Naofumi after unlocking their cursed series weapons, at the point where I stopped reading before the wn translation had been taken off the net, it was about Ren and his cursed weapon, so I don't really know how it continues, the only chapters I read beyond that are the last chapters because I was curious how it ends

@immortalartisan @Mekelia Unless this totally strays from the web novel, there is not a harem setting in this story. Even the manga makes it clear that
Firos affection is more like that of a clingy brocon sister than that of a romantic interest,so Raphtalia should be the only one romantically involved with Naofumi, unless they put Kizuna and/or Glass onto his route,too.
For the novel, the was also that blind girl(forgot the name, it started with a I think; could be atlas, but there was some sort of shield girl,too,with a similarly sounding name,so I confounded them a lot) who was obsessed with Naofumi, but I don't think being a stalker justifies the harem tag

Dex-chan lover
@Asriel
in LN the blind girl name is Atla (WN had some translations of it being Atlas) and in both LN and WN she ended up being the girl in the shield (she has the same fate in both versions)(in LN she not alone in there as Ost{the spirit tortoise human familiar} is also in the Shield

Fed-Kun's army
there is a reason for the harem tag and its honestly a reason why my hype for this has died down after I spoiled myself of the LN spoilers

can someone tell me if the manga will take a different direction?

Dex-chan lover
@calmbreez
That depends on if that spoliers was for the light novel (LN) or web novel (WN)[lots of people use these terms interchangeability but for the shield hero they are totally different beast,
The WN
does have a form of harem ending with Naofumi reported marrying many of the women in the story but this is hearsay as it comes from a book written 100s of years after the events of the story and the book has several facts of the story wrong
The LN is not finished yet and has deviated from the WN a lot (it splits during the Cal Mira arc and the current arc in the manga was 1st created for the LN)
the LN still had lots of girls around him but most of them have other romantic partners, and it looks like it will be an Naofumi & Raphtalia ending with out extra wheels but as I said the LN has not ended yet so things may change but the author is on record saying the LN will have a different ending than the WN

The manga is based off the LN and not the WN

Hmmm, i was wondering....... why does the new release goes back to 3 years ago?

Something is rising and it isn't the shield hero. You wish to know what it is? It is my hunger for living cats.

I have a theory that all the other heroes that is from different world need to defeat the wave of calamity at the same time to stop the mysterious, reoccurring phenomenon.

I think i missed the part where the king explain the reason why he hates the shield hero at first place. It seems that it has sonething to do with the previous shield hero. Would anyone mind explain it briefly to me? おねがいします。

Group Leader
@Nickavalon11 it's not explained yet but there's no previous hero as the last one appeared a couple of hundred years ago way before the king was born.

Spoiler answer for your question, a very short version of that tho.
The king's little sister had been kidnapped and killed by demihumans from siltvelt, the king went to war with them. Siltvelt worships the shield as their own god so it's more of a hatred by association. If it's still unclear just compare it to our medieval ages with Islam and Christianity

Thanks for translating all the extra chapters but tbh, I rather have chapter 75 😂

Users who are viewing this thread