The Shiunji Family Children - Ch. 26 - Heading Home

Dex-chan lover
This series just doesn't work for me. All these characters come off like rich, spoiled kids who make big deals and drama out of the smallest things because they never experienced serious trouble.

This is why, in storytelling you usually use weak or poor characters as MC because people feel with them and cheer them on.

Here, I'm like "Oh no, life's not going exactly like the little Miss dreams off so she runs away. I'm so worried" Yeah, sounds a little mean but you get my point.

Double-page supporter
This series just doesn't work for me. All these characters come off like rich, spoiled kids who make big deals and drama out of the smallest things because they never experienced serious trouble.

This is why, in storytelling you usually use weak or poor characters as MC because people feel with them and cheer them on.

Here, I'm like "Oh no, life's not going exactly like the little Miss dreams off so she runs away. I'm so worried" Yeah, sounds a little mean but you get my point.
Everyone has stuff to deal with, including rich people. You don’t have to have gone through and experienced the same things to have empathy for others. Their issues are valid too.

Dex-chan lover

1st, they ARE rich kids.

2nd, anime and manga often have kids over react to situations that adults don't find difficult.

3rd, in this situation, all of these kids grew up thinking they were blood related only to find out they aren't and one of the kids is now excited because she can marry her brother that she's in love with, which is breaking their family dynamic.

4th, it's normal for kids who find out they were adopted to have difficulty and feel sad... that's actually a very common thing for kids who suddenly find out they are adopted.

I mean, in TV and Drama, teens running away and their family being worried is normal.

It's meant to show that kids can over react. They obviously don't have the maturity to deal with such sudden situations.

And the family chases after them because they care, like a family should.

Honestly, I don't understand why you are so bothered??? This kinda seems like normal teen drama in a story.

Yes, it has slight exaggeration to make it interesting.... but so what???

Like, kids often make big deal outta small things that don't bother adults. Because to adults, it's not a big deal, but to kids, it is.

And their situation is a super weird one that would normally be bothering.

Especially since it hasn't been that long (lots of chapters, but not a lot of time).

Like, in a few years, it'd probably not be a big deal for the kids.... but they are kids....

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We will have 2 possible routes here. First is he gets the nursery route by one of his sisters or he go straight to the hospital. Im leaning to the former

Dex-chan lover
Please promptly shift the attention off of Ouka, and never give it back to her, thank you very much.

Dex-chan lover
1st, they ARE rich kids.

2nd, anime and manga often have kids over react to situations that adults don't find difficult.

3rd, in this situation, all of these kids grew up thinking they were blood related only to find out they aren't and one of the kids is now excited because she can marry her brother that she's in love with, which is breaking their family dynamic.

4th, it's normal for kids who find out they were adopted to have difficulty and feel sad... that's actually a very common thing for kids who suddenly find out they are adopted.

I mean, in TV and Drama, teens running away and their family being worried is normal.

It's meant to show that kids can over react. They obviously don't have the maturity to deal with such sudden situations.

And the family chases after them because they care, like a family should.

Honestly, I don't understand why you are so bothered??? This kinda seems like normal teen drama in a story.

Yes, it has slight exaggeration to make it interesting.... but so what???

Like, kids often make big deal outta small things that don't bother adults. Because to adults, it's not a big deal, but to kids, it is.

And their situation is a super weird one that would normally be bothering.

Especially since it hasn't been that long (lots of chapters, but not a lot of time).

Like, in a few years, it'd probably not be a big deal for the kids.... but they are kids....
You're totally right with all of that. My point was just, the series doesn't work for me like that. Maybe my first comment was a bit too mean spirited so I'm sorry for that. I understand them being still minors who can't handle the situation, it's just it's not really that exciting watching them. I feel like the drama is too low somehow.
Look, I would've loved to cheer for Ouka or to get excited when they reunited but I wasn't. Maybe it's just the way it's executed that makes it fall flat idk.

Dex-chan lover
You're totally right with all of that. My point was just, the series doesn't work for me like that. Maybe my first comment was a bit too mean spirited so I'm sorry for that. I understand them being still minors who can't handle the situation, it's just it's not really that exciting watching them. I feel like the drama is too low somehow.
Look, I would've loved to cheer for Ouka or to get excited when they reunited but I wasn't. Maybe it's just the way it's executed that makes it fall flat idk.
Honestly, I sometimes have the same worry. On the internet, tone is hard to give out. I also hope my comment didn't sound mean.

I was just trying to explain.

And for me, this feels basic, but works. I guess it's just different strokes for different folks.

It works fine for me. Generic, yes, but fine...

Users who are viewing this thread