The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

depending on how his reset works, I thought hed have just killed himself after interrogating some people ? but lo and behold deus ex plot armor literally ?

Dex-chan lover
No point in killing himself cuz his levels also get saved, so he'd just need to get as much EXP as possible before getting killed for the next reset to not waste his lives

hmm i wonder if he will die later on and revive before she died or this is the end of the girl.

Fed-Kun's army
This skeleton guy is a bad omen for any woman who dares to call herself his mistress.

I wonder if we will see any time loops again or just him leveling up and grinding monsters. I'd prefer the former, but the author will probably go with the latter.

Dex-chan lover
Look at that cursed tentacles. I believe the author has quite a potential in drawing hentai.

Well he doesn't know how many times he CAN reset so, understandable. But damn, this skeleton has bad luck.

Double-page supporter
It's kinda funny to find oneself hoping for a likable character to die. Then again, dying isn't exactly dying for the skeleton.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, he might just have around 40 lives total, which would be alot if taken advantage of fully, but very little if carelessly wasted.
And since the only way to confirm it would be to run out of lives.. =p

G-P

Dex-chan lover
So it's one of those were everyone is a assassin/slave trader/rapist/necrophiliac/accomplice? Very good world building there. Never been done before.

Dex-chan lover
dont know why people were bitching at the skeleton the other chapter when the lady was found dead. It was HER COMMAND to stay and don't move until she came as fast as possible. How is he suppose to know shit is going down.

But, Like we saw in his last panels he knows in order for it not to happen again he will never make the same thing occur

Dex-chan lover
@elfalas
Basing that on the assimulation? As far as I can tell from the raws:
assimulation has nothing to do with how much he can revive. It looks more like it's a measure of how much the current timeline has deviated from the original. So, it goes down when he revives stronger but it also goes down if he actually saves someone/finishes a quest.

@G-P
can't really say that "everyone is" since the only reason he's going to be encountering them is that he's going to actively hunt these specific people. Problem is when random people a directionless mc encounters on the street are all bad people. It makes sense for a mc who was indirectly involved with bad people from the beginning and is now actively pursuing them to encounter a disproportionately large number of bad people.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis
I haven't read the raws so all I can judge this comic on are the four translated chapters. And so far everyone except mr. bones and his current damsel are absolute douche nozzles. Ya gotta have some pleasent downtime as well to add some variety or else it just turns into white noise. In this case a dumb world inhabitated only by the worst humanity has to offer for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
@G-P
That's exactly what I was referring too, the first four chapters. I'm pointing out that you are making assumptions about the world as a whole when the story is suppose to be focusing on just the bad part. It is a characteristic of the story that it is focusing on just the bad people, it isn't saying that people in the world are generally bad. You wouldn't say that everyone in the world of a police drama are criminals, it is merely that the story is about criminals.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis
For some reason you can't understand the point I'm trying to make here. One-Punch Man isn't Saitama punching bad guys in every single panel on every single page because that wouldn't be a enjoyable reading experience. But here we are with mr. bones doing almost nothing but fighting for his gal or getting revenge for his gal in those 4 chapters. Their journey across the mountains was nice and I want the story to have more mellow moments to develop the characters and make me care for them. I have no reason to get invested if all that's gonna happen is a skeleton fighting the world with a woman cowering in the background. I only have the 4 chapters to go on so all this rambling is kinda pointless anyway, but I feel this development right now with his girl dead is a tad to rushed.

Dex-chan lover
@G-P
I've understood what you said. The thing is, One-Punch Man was never even about Saitama punching bad guys but about both his character drama (how he's reacting to a life where his one orignal goal and enjoyment can no longer be fufilled) and about how the other heroes respond to his existence (like how Medaka in Medaka box isn't the hero/heroine but is actually a force or trope which everyone else is reacting to).

The thing is that you seem to be having the same kind of misunderstanding with this story as you bring up with One-Punch Man. The focus of this story isn't on the world as a whole, not yet. The mc is an undead monster serving someone who is killed by bad guys and now chooses to pursue them. Just like how One-Punch Man is not about Saitama punching bad guys, this story isn't about the Skeleton exploring the world and meeting people. It may happen on the side but that isn't the focus. It's about someone who was "born" in circumstances that threaten him and alienate him from the world of good, upright people who makes the decision to fight bad people. It's like I explained with the crime drama comparison, it is not a matter of quality of the story that the mc has very little peaceful or pleasant interactions. It is a result of the mc's own decisions and circumstance.

So, yeah, it doesn't make sense to expect him meet a lot of people who aren't douche nozzles when defining traits of the mc are the decision to pursue douche nozzles and the circumstances that lead to that decision. To begin with, this is still the setup for the story. Just like how the beginning of the batman comics didn't focus on his life a Bruce Wayne but on his origin and just fighting back to back criminals, this will also start by setting up the mc's goals and general direction.

Users who are viewing this thread