The Spark in Your Eyes - Vol. 2 Ch. 144

Dex-chan lover
I may have to drop this. I'll lost the plot sadly. TL team, you are doing an amazing job. Maybe I'll return to read it all when it's done.

Dex-chan lover
Now woulda ya look at that two traitors in the same party..!

i wanna know what is the game plan here. oh you get rid of your strongest asset/make it antagonistic to you. then what? does bro not realize the only reason they haven't been talking about an invasion or rebellion is because of her. bro's power play is absolutely dumb because either way he's fucked. you get rid of her your empire is rip for the plundering you make her antagonistic even if you have this metal that could kill her you gonna have a good portion of your army done in and then you done

Dex-chan lover
i wanna know what is the game plan here. oh you get rid of your strongest asset/make it antagonistic to you. then what? does bro not realize the only reason they haven't been talking about an invasion or rebellion is because of her. bro's power play is absolutely dumb because either way he's fucked. you get rid of her your empire is rip for the plundering you make her antagonistic even if you have this metal that could kill her you gonna have a good portion of your army done in and then you done
Induced drama and dumb decisions make a good part of the stories in this kind of manwhas, which we should be used to by now. I mean, it's not like the plot in this particular story has been making sense for a while...

Dex-chan lover
It's one of the central themes: Greed for power leads to suffering. Mormodes human trafficked a child soldier and traumatized her; it led to her meltdown on the battlefield. Aubrecht's family dies in the battle; he blames the traumatized child soldier for his family dying, so he seeks power to recreate the state of war/get revenge. Cue more suffering and probably the empire's demise.

Aubrecht believes in the power of "valorous knightly murder." He doesn't realize his suffering began when Mormodes plotted war in the first place. We know his plan is dumb. That's irony.

Users who are viewing this thread