The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Chapter 53 - A Story about a Dumb Libra…

Dex-chan lover
Imagine seriously simping for someone who badmouths you at every opportunity, but who changes his tune when you pretend to be someone else (someone with inferior dress-sense at that). I can't imagine how anyone could react with anything more than utter disgust to such a thing...
Yet Nadeshiko keeps at it.
Complete insanity.
In all other respects she is an amazingly optimised figure. Absolutely prime. Yet her simping for the worst guy ever is... so absolutely damning. Until she stops it, she is disqualified from being Best Girl.

Honestly the mangaka is to blame. To make a near-perfect character and then desperately try to ship her to a guy so vastly unworthy of her that it boggles the mind.
Such a cosmic waste...

Dex-chan lover
Imagine seriously simping for someone who badmouths you at every opportunity, but who changes his tune when you pretend to be someone else (someone with inferior dress-sense at that). I can't imagine how anyone could react with anything more than utter disgust to such a thing...
Complete insanity.
In all other respects she is an amazingly optimised figure. Absolutely prime. Yet her simping for the worst guy ever is... so absolutely damning. Until she stops it, she is disqualified from being Best Girl.

Honestly the mangaka is to blame. To make a near-perfect character and then desperately try to ship her to a guy so vastly unworthy of her that it boggles the mind.
Such a cosmic waste...
I mean, I think that's kinda the point? Otherwise he'd be writing quite literally a "flawless" character, which, in a narrative sense, is the furthest possible thing from a good character. Their whole gimmick is Gorilla being able to be less uptight with Nadeshiko's alter ego whilst she herself competes with him due to their circumstances. Note that her name is literally Yamato Nadeshiko, the "perfect woman". It's clearly intentional.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I think that's kinda the point? Otherwise he'd be writing quite literally a "flawless" character, which, in a narrative sense, is the furthest possible thing from a good character. Their whole gimmick is Gorilla being able to be less uptight with Nadeshiko's alter ego whilst she herself competes with him due to their circumstances. Note that her name is literally Yamato Nadeshiko, the "perfect woman". It's clearly intentional.
You only need a small but noticeable flaw to add nuance to such a character.
This isn't small. This flaw is like trying to break open a nut with a nuclear warhead. It is taking her from a 10/10 to a 0/10 in one move. Total and utter character destruction.
Like imagine you're getting to know some woman and she is smart and beautiful and you start to believe she might be perfect, and then you walk in on her in an SS uniform doing the roman salute to an elaborate statue of Adolf Hitler constructed out of dead babies. There is no coming back from that. All the good things get swamped beneath the one unforgivably terrible thing.

Dex-chan lover
You only need a small but noticeable flaw to add nuance to such a character.
This isn't small. This flaw is like trying to break open a nut with a nuclear warhead. It is taking her from a 10/10 to a 0/10 in one move. Total and utter character destruction.
Like imagine you're getting to know some woman and she is smart and beautiful and you start to believe she might be perfect, and then you walk in on her in an SS uniform doing the roman salute to an elaborate statue of Adolf Hitler constructed out of dead babies. There is no coming back from that. All the good things get swamped beneath the one unforgivably terrible thing.
well if that isn't an exaggeration. You do you, I guess. Everyone's got their own take.

Dex-chan lover
Complete insanity.

Such a cosmic waste...
i mean, you say that like he has 0 redeeming qualities, it's pretty clear what drew him to her is his crazy works ethic. even if they're not as strong, the fact that he puts in so much effort to match her is what makes him ideal to her. it's not like he truly believes what he says when badmouthing her, during the beach chapter, he shown that he truly does respect her as a rival, just not as a romantic lover which can be understandable. you can be friends with someone but have 0 romantic intent. The sports festival shows how being love struck has changed him, his love made him stronger and allowed him to change from what he used to be and grow beyond what he was and even start surpassing her. to be honest, nadeshiko's biggest flaw is that shes a little too perfect, she has no room for growth. during the counseling session, she mentions that the only work she does in the class work and not much out of class study. It's shown time and time again, she just succeeds without even trying, her stagnation is what allows karou to surpass her in the contest of strength. It's probably because of this, is what makes him so desirable to her. Hes everything that she isn't.

and lastly dude, this is a fucking romcom, not a romance drama, this ship is clearly to fill a trope, her being in love with him is kinda the entire fucking point. this ship is way better than just random romcom female who fell in love with the mc because he meets the bare minimum of being kind.

Double-page supporter
I cannot believe Tsukishima didn’t receive a single chocolate. His “regular” looks aside, he’s pretty popular with the girls when in the library and not all of them are in the same class as him. :V

Users who are viewing this thread