The Summer You Were There - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - To Kaori

i know this will happen, i know that... but why.. my damn copium brain still hoping for somehow..
miracle can happen...

KAORIIIIIIIIIII..... 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This kind of shit always hit like a fucking truck...

if anyone wants to feel more depressed, Ichiban no Takaramono makes for a perfect bgm...
More like "in case you dont want to die listen to it, you 100% will want to get isekai"

Dex-chan lover
My heart just broke. No Shizuuuu, Kaoriiiii.
What a horrible way of finding out.
This isn't fair. We knew since the beginning but it still hurts.
One more chapter left.

Dex-chan lover
No this can't be how the year starts
:meguuusad:
Kaori, Everyone still needs you don't go yet
Next chapters gonna be the last isn't it? I don't want that I want to see Kaori and Shizuku together more I want to see the family and friends all having fun together with her
:meguuusad::meguuusad::meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
The story says that Kaori dies right at the very start, or at least said it without directly stating it. So I don't get the whole "expected" or "author actually did it" comments. Kaori was never going to stay alive. With that being said, it's a testament to how good this work is where we know this character is going to die for 30 chapters, and thr author still manages to make it an emotional Rollercoaster. This work is a true masterclass in storytelling and character work, so my hats is off to the author.

Double-page supporter
LEtting Kaori survive the previous chapter, make her wake up in this one, to make her die the same chapter (and less then a day in "in story" time) was particularly cruel.
Second time reading the chapter (read first in spanish), still hurt hard.

Dex-chan lover
The story says that Kaori dies right at the very start, or at least said it without directly stating it. So I don't get the whole "expected" or "author actually did it" comments. Kaori was never going to stay alive. With that being said, it's a testament to how good this work is where we know this character is going to die for 30 chapters, and thr author still manages to make it an emotional Rollercoaster. This work is a true masterclass in storytelling and character work, so my hats is off to the author.
That she dies was never in question, it's about the amount of closure that the characters get. Usually when characters in such a situation make a promise one of them dies right before they can make it come true. So the fact that the author kept to the motto "you don't need a happy end as long as there are no regrets" that they stated prior in the story by having her live long enough to read the story is a pleasant surprise

Users who are viewing this thread