The Useless Brother Is Now the Strongest - The Mighty Brave Is Reincarnated and Nonchalantly Rules over the Academy - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprisingly completely ok with this premise. The worn out shitty trope of "Oh noes, I'm OP! I better hide it from everyone and get treated like crap by my family because I don't want to stand out!" is so utterly boring. I genuinely do NOT understand why Japanese authors think that trope is fun.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprisingly completely ok with this premise. The worn out shitty trope of "Oh noes, I'm OP! I better hide it from everyone and get treated like crap by my family because I don't want to stand out!" is so utterly boring. I genuinely do NOT understand why Japanese authors think that trope is fun.
There's 2 opinion on that:

1. "They blend in because they don't want trouble." If you ever seen the Japanese School, they quite hate difference. Anyone who is sticking out like a nail will be hammered down. By the school, or by your pees. If you can't blend in with the others, you will be labeled as a delinquent. But if you can't even be part of the delinquent or be a part of something, you are an outcast. Either you are a normal student, a delinquent, or an exiles. no in-between. That's why they have this idea that they need to blend in with the normal student to avoid trouble of either being hated or being worshiped. It's not about how fun the trope is, but about how "logical and made sense" the trope is. (This and this should give you some understanding about what i'm talking about)

2. "They are a chuuni." The OP MC HAD to blend in with the crowd of normal is because that is the "cooler" theme. A very good example of this is "Eminence in The Shadow", they don't even hide the troupe by making the MC want to hide to avoid trouble. The idea that the MC is like a hidden boss, is fascinating for some people. It's like they are a crouching tiger waiting to show their magnificent when the time come. They like the idea of people being surprised by the fact the person they look down so much is actually above them and etc.

Dex-chan lover
There's 2 opinion on that:

1. "They blend in because they don't want trouble." If you ever seen the Japanese School, they quite hate difference. Anyone who is sticking out like a nail will be hammered down. By the school, or by your pees. If you can't blend in with the others, you will be labeled as a delinquent. But if you can't even be part of the delinquent or be a part of something, you are an outcast. Either you are a normal student, a delinquent, or an exiles. no in-between. That's why they have this idea that they need to blend in with the normal student to avoid trouble of either being hated or being worshiped. It's not about how fun the trope is, but about how "logical and made sense" the trope is. (This and this should give you some understanding about what i'm talking about)

2. "They are a chuuni." The OP MC HAD to blend in with the crowd of normal is because that is the "cooler" theme. A very good example of this is "Eminence in The Shadow", they don't even hide the troupe by making the MC want to hide to avoid trouble. The idea that the MC is like a hidden boss, is fascinating for some people. It's like they are a crouching tiger waiting to show their magnificent when the time come. They like the idea of people being surprised by the fact the person they look down so much is actually above them and etc.
Yup, I understand what you are saying, but that does not change the fact I don't get why that trope is popular. It's a trash trope, and is not fun at all. It IS, however, an easy cop-out and time-waster, taking up lots and lots of pages as filler.....oh, now I see why it's popular.

Art style looks decent enough but the plot is the same as always, I guess?
I hope this is better than The weakest crest is actually the strongest, if not... I'll just read this to waste time.

Yup, I understand what you are saying, but that does not change the fact I don't get why that trope is popular. It's a trash trope, and is not fun at all. It IS, however, an easy cop-out and time-waster, taking up lots and lots of pages as filler.....oh, now I see why it's popular.
You seriously do not understand anything IF you're still calling a certain "trope" trash. Sure, it's trash to you but most of them or us like it just the way it is (even if I want more out of it), simply don't read it. No one's forcing you. If you don't want it, just move on.

Are you perhaps in a jail or something and is being forced to read something that you don't want, and forcefully at that? No?

Anyway, as far as I can see, whether it's trash or not, someone's paying for those you called "trash" by their own money. Instead of complaining, be thankful you can read something in your own language. FOR FREE!!!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can I just say, that I love how the demon lord and hero are just casually talking at the end of their fight.

Also, good ol' Monkey's Paw demon lord wish, a classic.

Dex-chan lover
here we go again with the "reborn in the far future where magic somehow degrade so bad that even low tier magic became super rare tier"

Dex-chan lover
That's some very friendly demon lord who would reward someone that killed him. lol

Users who are viewing this thread