The Visitor - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Egg Stand

Group Leader
wow! awesome scanlation :love:
Sorry that it took us a while when you kindly allowed us to work on this manga, but better late than never, right? 🙃 I really like Hagio's "real-life" stories (except for her later josei works; those never spoke to me). The atmosphere she creates, the pacing, the characters, the dramatization are all. 💯 Have you read her Golden Lilac? Since it's another historical Hagio manga, it's got my attention.

Group Leader
Sorry that it took us a while when you kindly allowed us to work on this manga, but better late than never, right? 🙃 I really like Hagio's "real-life" stories (except for her later josei works; those never spoke to me). The atmosphere she creates, the pacing, the characters, the dramatization are all. 💯 Have you read her Golden Lilac? Since it's another historical Hagio manga, it's got my attention.

I haven't read Golden Lilac, but I've enjoyed Mesh a lot recently. I like her soft, ethereal art style of the 70s-80s the most.

Group Leader
I haven't read Golden Lilac, but I've enjoyed Mesh a lot recently. I like her soft, ethereal art style of the 70s-80s the most.
Okay, this is a great coincidence! I'm currenty reading Mesh, and I've just started the third volume of the bunkoban edition. I didn't enjoy it so much during the comedic chapters in the first volume, but Mesh angst chapters and the chapter about Millon's past reeled me back in. Like you say, her art in Mesh is gorgeous! It's right between her very shoujo 70s style and more realistic/josei later style. That's the sweet spot for me. I also love how alive her characters feel in Mesh.

I have really high hopes for the last volume, and some conclusion for our boys and their issues. Especially Mesh. Millon seems to be rather cool with life <3 But I really fear for Mesh. It felt like he was headed towards a disaster during the first chapters 😅

Users who are viewing this thread