ThePaulBunyanTrophy - Six Months Inactivity and Upload Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Just as with the Jaimini's Box case, this group had uploaded quite a number of chapters and since it's been 6 months already without activity it should be marked as inactive. Also, how does the upload restriction removal works exactly? Their chapters marked with X just become readable again or someone has to reupload everything from scratch?

Dex-chan lover
@ScarecrowB They still post their translation on reddit, latest translation was 71 days ago. I just checked because I remember looking for Skip to loafers updates and found their translations there
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThePaulBunyanTrophy/submitted/

Edit: But if they really stop translating some day, then the deleted chapters would have to be re-uploaded

Group Leader
@Yatsuki Oh, I just checked mangaupdates and mangadex so I didn't about the reddit thing. However, after reading those reddit posts I'm not sure those "Incentivized releases" on reddit should count as being active since the dude himself says it's from things he privately translated long ago and sent to supporters and the chapters are deleted after 2 weeks.

Contributor
@ScarecrowB

If I make a manga translation and then sit on it for three months, people wouldn’t know the difference. Like it or not, Paul Bunyan showing activity shows that you can’t upload anything just yet. I haven’t seen an email from him since Love Score ended, so who knows what he’s up to.

Group Leader
@xyzzy I think the rule means "activity" as a scanlator or scanlation group. Doing translation only for supporters and temporally posting low res versions of said works to advertise is not different to being one of those dudes at fiverr (I know he isn't the one getting paid but the same logic applies). So yeah, he's not longer active as an scanlator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread