Theseus no Fune - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - The Suspect's Choices

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Btw, this chapter remind me of Japan's conviction rate. They got highest rate not because they're so competent to catch the criminals, but how their interrogation method force people to confess even if they're innocent.

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn, it's back. Nice! I really enjoy these mystery/investigation stories with a minor supernatural twist to them. Thanks for picking it back up.
Not to be a bitch about this free translation service I'm greatly benefiting from, but the release pacing is kind of killing the mystery aspect. I have to reread the whole thing whenever a new chapter releases because I've forgotten all the details. I'll probably just wait until it's complete and then read it in one go.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Btw, this chapter remind me of Japan's conviction rate. They got highest rate not because they're so competent to catch the criminals, but how their interrogation method force people to confess even if they're innocent.
While the absurd conviction rate probably does involve the imprisonment of innocent people, Japan has an extremely low prosecution rate of 8%. This is because prosecutors fear losing a case so they will only prosecute cases they are exceedingly likely to win. Also note that Japan’s 99.9% is not to dissimilar to the conviction rate of the US federal court system of 99.6%.

Banned
Yay! another chapter! But every time a chapter comes out I feel like I need to re-read the whole thing to try and remember the details.

Users who are viewing this thread