Though I Am an Inept Villainess ~Tale of the Butterfly-Rat Swap in the Maiden Court~ - Ch. 1

I hate when they make an evil character “ugly” and “jealous” so all their evil deeds are because of jealousy or something. Even with the swap, if this is conventional, the protag will charm the pants off of everyone even as an “ugly” person because of “inner beauty”... so annoying. For some reason I care more about the “rat princess” than the protag

Reminds me of "even for one day, I want to be you" with the body swap, but psyche perspective (although reirin seems actually more cunning than psyche). Author has given a lot of sympathy points for keigetsu (made her more pitiful than MC) so I'm expecting a somewhat good ending for the two. Predicting that the two will be friends later (with keigetsu being tsun tsun).

Wondering if they will get their bodies back.

@zz2000 36 chapters?! Wow thats short. Meaning the manga will likely be pretty short as well. I'm so used to WNs(especially chinese ones) just going on and on (like 1000+) that I'm kinda shocked.

This seems to have a lot of potential so I wonder if they can tie up everything neatly within 36 chapters....

Dex-chan lover
I actually dislike premise like this, because it implies that Greek’s conception of people, that beautiful appearance implies beautiful as well. I know the author is probably trying to be sympathetic towards the ugly girl, but unintentionally he or she is making some unfortunate implication.

YOO REIRIN IS HARDCORE

it was en enjoyable first chapter, i've got high expectations for this one!!!

aren't people jumping too much into conclusions with just one chapter out tho... we have no idea about what kind of story is supposed to be or if there'll be good character development, i see some people judging the premise very harshly

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't think this is a "ugly body, bad guy" type situation. Frankly, from what we've seen, she's not that bad looking, it's just that she tries too hard to look pretty by putting on so much makeup and wearing way too colorful clothes which don't really compliment her.

@howeveryw i think its more about how the mc was loved and adored by basicly everyone in her live while she had to eat shit from everyone and be hated for no reason. She even got the "rat" nickname. This is more of a case of an abuse victim laching out. Doesnt make the murder atempt right tho

I am pretty suprised that the mc is not another I-want-to-be-friends-with-everyone type of girl!!

Ah i know this artist!!! I'm looking forward to the next chapters!!

Thank you for the translation!

I read some comments that said this is a cheap version of Your Throne, lol it really is

this appeared out of nowhere in my feed
and IM LOVING it
I actually thought it would be similar to a manhwa called "If only I could be you for a day" (or something similar to that)
but I hope it continues this pace! I'm looking forward on this one!

Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
No romance tag? Good for me, I didn't want to see the love relationship between her and HER COUSIN anyway 😁

100% chance the Lion will recognize Reirin, refuse to kill her and the execution will be delayed while everyone is wondering what the fuck happened

Aggregator gang
@pandamom84: weirdly, it's just one chapter and people have already decided which one was cheaper while they weren't even the same. The opening may seem similar, but the characters, personalities, situations, world build and even backgrounds are clearly different.

Dex-chan lover
i really want her to be like, super engaged in physical activities and just becomes a peak martial artist while the other lady barely makes it out of her bed before falling on her face

Users who are viewing this thread