Tonari no Kuderella o Amayakashitara, Uchi no Aikagi o Watasu Koto ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
She wants his (ice) cream, alright :smug:

So, uh, did they just throw the mix in the freezer. No occasional mixing, no churning, no nothing? They won't have much of a cream then. Just an ice block.

Dex-chan lover
"I don't know what people 2000 years ago were thinking..."
That does not sound like what a teacher should say.

I like how he shunts it to her, taking care to show where the responsibility lies. And he's absolutely right that making things together is more fun than alone.

And both of them are enjoying watching the other eat.

Being cute done right.

So, uh, did they just throw the mix in the freezer. No occasional mixing, no churning, no nothing? They won't have much of a cream then. Just an ice block.
It's like those content farm quick and easy recipes you find on YT. They skip anything in the process that makes it take long or seem tedious or difficult.

Dex-chan lover
She wants his (ice) cream, alright :smug:

Pretty sure the churning was done off screen with the whisk sitting in the metal bowl of nearly done ice cream and another bowl of ice and salt to chill it, it was just setting in the freezer.

Also after all the tropey "bad at cooking" heroines I've had to endure in manga, this chapter was downright beautiful, even without drawing out or explaining the full process of making ice cream :glee:

Double-page supporter
Pretty sure the churning was done off screen with the whisk sitting in the metal bowl of nearly done ice cream and another bowl of ice and salt to chill it, it was just setting in the freezer.

Also after all the tropey "bad at cooking" heroines I've had to endure in manga, this chapter was downright beautiful, even without drawing out or explaining the full process of making ice cream :glee:
You are correct. Yui did stir it in the LN.

Dex-chan lover

Hmmm, I don't see a separate bowl with ice cubes and salt. However, I was already thinking they just decided not to show it when I wrote my comment.

Dex-chan lover
Let me ask something.
Did him give her the key to the home already? I can't remember him doing it.

Dex-chan lover
They skip anything in the process that makes it take long or seem tedious or difficult.
This author does tend to carefully skip over certain details that would otherwise require in-depth knowledge or research. I can respect that here in particular, because googling a recipe and regurgitating it over several pages is just padding.
This approach is all the more convenient in this setting that leans so much into western culture, which the Japanese writers seem to have a poor grasp of, and are prone to making stuff up with hilarious results. It does make some arcs feel underdeveloped and abruptly concluded. But I guess that's not the meat of this lethally sweet story.

Dex-chan lover
Bro better have insulin ready in his room after all those sweet moments and ice cream

So fluffin cute

Supporter
50ml of milk? How many drops is that?
I had to step away from reading to do look up that and ice cream recipes....It's about 1/5th of a cup. The recipe I went to had arrows for adjusting numbers of servings, and that much milk would be used for 1.

Aggregator gang
Sometimes I'm surprised by how civilized the comment section of this series compared to the other series we're doing.
50ml of milk? How many drops is that?
Damn, I missed an opportunity to make a useless PR/N, better luck next time.

Users who are viewing this thread