Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 86 - Our Daily Lives

Contributor
Thank you for completing the series, your work is truly appreciated.

To add my own opinion, this is purely in the realm of conjecture but I'm getting the feeling editors wouldn't allow for the kind of developments @MidnighTea talked about. And when Amatou ran out of material that they wouldn't reject, she simply gave up. I get that impression also because not only Amatou still draws Sophie to this day, she hasn't started another serialized manga in the two years since this one ended.

Dex-chan lover
They never solved a way to make Akari immortal too, even if she isn't a vampire, anything that can keep her with Sophie forever, which is what she wanted since the start.

Now the implication is that Sophie will only have Ellie forever, which is kinda sad.
That is sad, but I wouldn't be shocked if Akari noticed she was aging, panicked and found a stone mask (which is referenced in this manga, funnily enough), and did the Dio thing to be with Sophie forever.

No doubt she'd then find some girl whose first and last name could be portmanteau'd into "Jojo" and then get into a brief battle arc as well. Because "Jojo" would say something like, "I hate Vampires, they're ugly and stupid and not cute at all!"

Dex-chan lover
That is sad, but I wouldn't be shocked if Akari noticed she was aging, panicked and found a stone mask (which is referenced in this manga, funnily enough), and did the Dio thing to be with Sophie forever.

No doubt she'd then find some girl whose first and last name could be portmanteau'd into "Jojo" and then get into a brief battle arc as well. Because "Jojo" would say something like, "I hate Vampires, they're ugly and stupid and not cute at all!"
This is my CANONICAL SEQUEL SERIES. I don't care, I can't hear your objections. This. Is. The Sequel. Series.

It's over. Hope you enjoyed reading this. Some parts of my translation I'm not entirely satisfied with but that was to be expected.
Thank you for this. If I recall correctly, you've really been dedicated to getting this finished, and as it's been a favorite of mine since the anime aired, I'm really grateful for all your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
This feels like an axe, but I know it wasn't axed. What weird ending that feels like the manga just stopped.
That's the thing with SOL: It was never going anywhere to begin with. There are no major plot points to conclude. The last chapter is just another chapter - no different from any other in it's episodic nature - only that you won't be getting more.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah time for me to go back into the cave that i came out, 9/10 not perfect but still an enjoyable experience also thank you for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread