Tonari no Seki ga Sukina Hito Datta Gakusei Yuri Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - As the Sunset (Yuuhi) Shines (Yuikawa Kazuno)

Dex-chan lover
This was pretty confusing. I mean, I understand what they were trying to say, but the sentences didn't really make much sense coming one after another. Somewhere around page 23, suddenly Sano is upset that Rei is protecting her and assuming her feelings for her, but Rei hasn't done anything different than she has before. And what does this have to do with Ibuki? And for that matter, didn't Rei lie about how Ibuki reacted? That feels like it just wasn't resolved. This felt messier than the the previous chapters.

Dex-chan lover
the art is so pretty, thanks for the chapter!

This was pretty confusing. I mean, I understand what they were trying to say, but the sentences didn't really make much sense coming one after another. Somewhere around page 23, suddenly Sano is upset that Rei is protecting her and assuming her feelings for her, but Rei hasn't done anything different than she has before. And what does this have to do with Ibuki? And for that matter, didn't Rei lie about how Ibuki reacted? That feels like it just wasn't resolved. This felt messier than the the previous chapters.
so quick summary of what I think happened here:

Rei likes Sano Yuuhi, and tries her best to protect her (a bit too overprotective tbh), but also wants to be the only one in Yuuhi's world, so Rei is afraid that Yuuhi will change/be more outgoing and leaves her behind. That's why when she realized Ibuki-sensei is a genuinely good person, she feared that Ibuki will eventually help Yuuhi be more outgoing and then Yuuhi will leave her --> so Rei tried to badmouth Ibuki to Yuuhi so Yuuhi will stop admiring her.

meanwhile, Yuuhi obviously has problems with how people treat her due to her appearance (looks like an idol + looks round and chubby) so she's very sensitive whenever people talk about those things about her, even if they meant it in a good way. However, after the interaction with that short-haired extroverted girl, Yuuhi realized not everyone are bad + she can't continue hiding behind Rei forever and she's tying Rei down.
She also realized that even though Rei meant well and wanted to protect her, her way of doing things (brushing aside Yuuhi's concerns and questions by saying "it's all for your sake") is not good/not what she wants.
Imagine if your friend keeps making decision for you while brushing aside your concerns + saying "I'm doing this for your sake", that sounds like they're treating you less like a friend and more like a child, right?

Hmmm, a case of useless lesbians.
so yeah it's basically this, though more like useless friends who need to talk and sort their feelings out or else their friendship will fall apart.

This is one of those weird, not really fulfilling stories. Like they ran out of time to finish the story.
yeah I think the author got super close to the deadline + didn't know how to end this so the ending feels a bit... idk, abrupt?

Dex-chan lover
\the art is so pretty, thanks for the chapter!

Rei likes Sano Yuuhi, and tries her best to protect her (a bit too overprotective tbh), but also wants to be the only one in Yuuhi's world, so Rei is afraid that Yuuhi will change/be more outgoing and leaves her behind. That's why when she realized Ibuki-sensei is a genuinely good person, she feared that Ibuki will eventually help Yuuhi be more outgoing and then Yuuhi will leave her --> so Rei tried to badmouth Ibuki to Yuuhi so Yuuhi will stop admiring her.

meanwhile, Yuuhi obviously has problems with how people treat her due to her appearance (looks like an idol + looks round and chubby) so she's very sensitive whenever people talk about those things about her, even if they meant it in a good way. However, after the interaction with that short-haired extroverted girl, Yuuhi realized not everyone are bad + she can't continue hiding behind Rei forever and she's tying Rei down.
She also realized that even though Rei meant well and wanted to protect her, her way of doing things (brushing aside Yuuhi's concerns and questions by saying "it's all for your sake") is not good/not what she wants.
Imagine if your friend keeps making decision for you while brushing aside your concerns + saying "I'm doing this for your sake", that sounds like they're treating you less like a friend and more like a child, right?
Wow okay, this really helped the explanation but still I think just 1 chapter was enough...

Dex-chan lover
\the art is so pretty, thanks for the chapter!

Wow okay, this really helped the explanation but still I think just 1 chapter was enough...
tbh I think just a few more pages could explain things more clearly, we don't need another chapter lol

Dex-chan lover
I didn’t get it. Really feels like MC is friendzoned hard and her friend is clueless.

Dex-chan lover
Glad that I'm not the only one confused with the abrupt ending lol
images

Fed-Kun's army
the art is so pretty, thanks for the chapter!

so yeah it's basically this, though more like useless friends who need to talk and sort their feelings out or else their friendship will fall apart.

yeah I think the author got super close to the deadline + didn't know how to end this so the ending feels a bit... idk, abrupt?
Thank you for explaining it! I was also confused lol

Users who are viewing this thread