Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou

Super plain so far. If isekais are your type of thing, go for it, but for me personally I’d rather find something more inspired.

It'd be nice if there was more than 1 chapter to make a proper evaluation on the story as a whole. I'm a fan of the isekai genre, and although everyone says it's cliche, old, and predictable none of that matters to me so long as the story is enjoyable. A plot involving two angels; one with black wings and the other white, I can't help but wonder now how the MC's life will progress based on the first choice he made. But we'll never know unless there's more to read.

Group Leader
How did I get notified for the first chapter of this series? There is no reason I would have followed it without it having any chapters, yet I am somehow following this.
I don't remember following this.

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the manga itself, I see two big problems immediately.

1) The translators lettered with a monospace font. That is a font where all letters are the same width, no matter if they are an "i" or a "W". These fonts have their uses, but lettering a manga is not one of them. Looks wrong, and is hard on the eyeballs.

2) The translators wanted to show how awesome they were by translating all the honorifics. THIS NEVER WORKS. It makes any dialog between two people of different social statuses seem stilted and clunky. Even in the official professionally-translated English language releases, they still cannot make it work...because it cannot be made to work. English does not have all the proper honorifics nor the precise inflectional modifiers to communicate the proper relation between the speaker and one being spoken to. Japanese honorifics are deeply entrenched cultural signifiers, and English-speaking cultures do not have enough cultural similarity to properly express these signifiers. This might be a translation problem, except that 99.9% of people who are currently reading manga off this site have learned their honorifics by heart now. The rest will learn them in the course of reading a few dozen chapters. So in addition it never working, translating honorifics is completely unnecessary. Just like no one here needs an explanation of what an onsen is, what happens at a cultural festival, and what and when White Day is.

Dex-chan lover
Men are greedy creatures. You ask them to choose of course their first answer would be "both"!

Dex-chan lover
@merukit I was wondering the same thing too, but looking at other comments I guess this had other English chapters previously that just got yanked.

Contributor
Wasn't a car? Anyway first episodes are always the same trope (admin + resurrection), we will see how the story will move from now on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread