Tougen Anki - Vol. 19 Ch. 163 - Carrying

Dex-chan lover
I hope roller-blades have a come back
Also anime hype:question: ; how are all my trash reads are getting animated, also RIP The New Gate such a waste.

Thanks for the scans

Dex-chan lover
Hold-on, dude having ptsd and they're actually talking about the ramifications of killing someone even if it was justified?
What sorcery is this? :meguupog:

But in all seriousness it's nice that they actually talked about it, like properly talked about it, instead of being self righteous and acting like any killing is fine because they're the good guys.

Normally the characters just justify it as being okay cause other side is eeeeevil and move on, if they even talk about it at all, not uncommon for protagonist to just keep killing without any care, so I hope mangaka don't just drop this plotline since it gives more depth to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Kinda of a different subject but it has been on my mind for a while, some of the Momos got flashback when they died, seeing how the story is subverting certain cliches, was it  really to try make us sympathize with them?

I've been wondering if it was to like, show that for all their obsession with destroying the Oni, that they're still people with lives, emotions and dreams like everyone else, or I don't know, maybe to show just how fanatically obsessed they are with killing the Oni, that they can't realize how monstrous they've become, the juxtaposition of them being both batshit insane while also having normal life when not looking for Onis.

I honestly can't tell really, just can't help but question if it was really to try make us sympathize with any of them.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I see fighting, moreso conflict is against our nature, not wrong, we are social creatures after all

Dex-chan lover
Woooooo another child hostage!! Color me surprised!!

In all seriousness, this was a nice chapter. Actual psych fallout from the big battle. And it was written very well. Me like.

Double-page supporter
That arc was on the weaker end, but it looks like things are improving, good couple of chapters

Dex-chan lover
Hold-on, dude having ptsd and they're actually talking about the ramifications of killing someone even if it was justified?
What sorcery is this? :meguupog:

But in all seriousness it's nice that they actually talked about it, like properly talked about it, instead of being self righteous and acting like any killing is fine because they're the good guys.

Normally the characters just justify it as being okay cause other side is eeeeevil and move on, if they even talk about it at all, not uncommon for protagonist to just keep killing without any care, so I hope mangaka don't just drop this plotline since it gives more depth to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Kinda of a different subject but it has been on my mind for a while, some of the Momos got flashback when they died, seeing how the story is subverting certain cliches, was it  really to try make us sympathize with them?

I've been wondering if it was to like, show that for all their obsession with destroying the Oni, that they're still people with lives, emotions and dreams like everyone else, or I don't know, maybe to show just how fanatically obsessed they are with killing the Oni, that they can't realize how monstrous they've become, the juxtaposition of them being both batshit insane while also having normal life when not looking for Onis.

I honestly can't tell really, just can't help but question if it was really to try make us sympathize with any of them.

If they hadn't painted the Momos as evil child murderers for fun with no redeeming qualities for the past 150 or so chapters i may have been more enclined to feel something bad for them.

So far we've only met one Momo who wasn't a total psycho that had a kink for killing babies. I don't trust the author in any capacity in regards to having nuanced characters.

The ptsd part was great though, i didn't expect that but it was a breath of fresh air for sure. Now to hoping he won't just get over it like it's nothing because one of his friends is in danger.

Dex-chan lover
If they hadn't painted the Momos as evil child murderers for fun with no redeeming qualities for the past 150 or so chapters i may have been more enclined to feel something bad for them.

So far we've only met one Momo who wasn't a total psycho that had a kink for killing babies. I don't trust the author in any capacity in regards to having nuanced characters.
Yeah, that's why I wondered if we're supposed to feel bad about them at all, because otherwise it doesn't makes sense after establishing them as being so monstrous, it's impossible to feel bad at this point.

I'm probably just expecting too just from the mangaka really.
The ptsd part was great though, i didn't expect that but it was a breath of fresh air for sure. Now to hoping he won't just get over it like it's nothing because one of his friends is in danger.
Unfortunately 50/50 chance he'll magically get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread