Tougen Anki - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - Thank You

Dex-chan lover
lmaoo “you’re gonna die even though you just had a daughter?”

I’m surprised she can say this when she watched him torture a child during their introduction. She even showed disgust at his actions. It would have been far more interesting if she called him out for his actions and showed some mature characterization that contrasts to him. But instead the author is trying to promote the cycle which is disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
@Koyomiya yep, well this is the author first work, so probably getting problems for his own character, sadly it doesn't give a good feel. (also lettint the momo girl live still feels weird since the teacher is clearly strong and they could pull something while they make the rest retreat)
At least and I'm really happy of that, the teacher friggin stabbed the guy to death, which assure us that the bastard is friggin death and not gonna pull an appeareance outta nowhere.

to end the rant, how the fuck from all his friggin exposition the guy would choose to have a kid?? wtf?

Aggregator gang
This entire arc left a very bad taste in my mouth. Hope the writing improves in the future arcs.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Knighto I thought this is from the author of the chicken apocalypse manga back then but with different pen name since the way he draws is exactly the same, same face design, same stiff poses, same weird hand gestures... The story also feels somewhat similar, starting with somewhat interesting premise (not stellar though), going downhill as the series going with anticlimatic ends/asspuls...

Fed-Kun's army
@Kuraiaku I think you might be right. I've never read that series but I just looked at a random chapter (56) and saw they used the same 3d boat asset in both series lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SlipTrick Woah nice observation! I missed that one, I just looked at the characters and think they're basically a carbon copy of bougyaku no kokekko... Well, that manga was having quite a bad rep so I think he wanted to start fresh with a new pen name, but it seems he's just going to repeat the same mistake again...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, these ham-fisted attempts at humanizing the Momos are not just failing, they're making me dislike them more. The problem is, it's not the good dislike where I want to see them fail and get defeated, it's the bad dislike where I just don't want to see them or think about them anymore.

@youeverjust Thank you, I thought that too. Her expression on the bottom of page 16 looks weird.

Also yeah the attempts to humanize these guys is really lacking. I don't care that this murdering psychopath has a daughter. Like if these characters were written with any nuance or were just given more justification behind their actions and behaviors, maybe I'd sympathize more. But this guy was the most cookie cutter villain, I've read in months. I can't even remember his name while writing this comment and they said it in this chapter.

I am glad that the Thicc girl survived. Little disappointed she turned out to be a coward, after her standing up to the Oni a couple chapters ago, but the more Thicc girls in this world, the more likely I'll keep reading.

Users who are viewing this thread