Tragedy romance recommendations

I recently read Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata and now I want more like this. I read I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year after I seen comparisons made between the two but it did not seem as emotional, though I did like it.

As usual, completed series and series that are fully on here would be much better. Also, I don't want anything related to animals dying. 😅😅😅

Thanks for any help.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the recommendation. I liked it. It was pretty funny at times. The end was a big twist. Like why? lol I definitely was not expecting that. Not exactly what I was looking for, though. I should have specified I wanted more of a tearjerker-type of romance series. I have not had read that many to compare it to besides the two I have.

Dex-chan lover
Ai-Ren - I really deeply dislike the "dying kids, and it's sad because they're kids and dying young"-flavor of tragedy, so I'm very heavily biased. But there's a couple of scenes in Ai Ren that really stuck with me. Points for being a proper sci fi story, too.

Fujimi Lovers - I quite like this one's odd premise. I wouldn't call it a proper tearjerker; it's almost a bit joke-y about the situation, but it builds up as you go along.

Boys on the Run - If you just want to feel something, Boys on the Run is a ride and hard to put down. It's a Hanazawa Kengo manga at his Hanazawa Kengo-est, with everything that entails.

Picture of Tears - Short debut work by one of Inio Asano's assistants. Definitely leans a bit into that style, but it also does its own thing in terms of its look and story. Also not a "proper" tearjerker, (big surprise), but worth a read if it catches your eye.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the recommendation. I liked it. It was pretty funny at times. The end was a big twist. Like why? lol I definitely was not expecting that. Not exactly what I was looking for, though. I should have specified I wanted more of a tearjerker-type of romance series. I have not had read that many to compare it to besides the two I have.
you want tearjerker romance

you'll get tearjerker yuri

Happy Sugar Life

Ai-Ren - I really deeply dislike the "dying kids, and it's sad because they're kids and dying young"-flavor of tragedy, so I'm very heavily biased. But there's a couple of scenes in Ai Ren that really stuck with me. Points for being a proper sci fi story, too.

Fujimi Lovers - I quite like this one's odd premise. I wouldn't call it a proper tearjerker; it's almost a bit joke-y about the situation, but it builds up as you go along.

Boys on the Run - If you just want to feel something, Boys on the Run is a ride and hard to put down. It's a Hanazawa Kengo manga at his Hanazawa Kengo-est, with everything that entails.

Picture of Tears - Short debut work by one of Inio Asano's assistants. Definitely leans a bit into that style, but it also does its own thing in terms of its look and story. Also not a "proper" tearjerker, (big surprise), but worth a read if it catches your eye.
Boys on the Run was wild. I don't think I ever cringed so hard for so long. lol The beginning was so rough. Did not get much better, to be honest. 🤣🤣🤣 Dude could never catch a break. Like all that Chiharu crap. I guess he was not much better, but am I imagining crap or did she become the worst?

I liked the end until the epilogue. Was really hoping for something happier. Also don't think I have read something as vulgar as this. 😅😅😅

Users who are viewing this thread