Transformed Into A Piece Of Land

After being reincarnated as dog, pig, sword and vending machine, we now have this new masterpiece. When I've read the title I thought that there is something lost in translation. Didn't think the story went with actually being reincarnated as a plot of land. Good job, you got me there good.
Shitsekai concepts are getting dumber and dumber with every season, but if nothing else, you have to give them credit for figuring out even dumber concept when I thought we reached the bottom already and it couldn't get worse.

Hard pass for me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
6/10 so far.
It is not terrible and has potential but the start is not very good at least.
( there were only 10 chapters when I wrote this )

The idea itself is fine and this could still be a decent manga.
I've seen worse ideas work out, see Tavero's comment above for actual good examples of silly ideas that worked out.

This could turn out to be a fine read if you get past the brainroot of the first few chapters.
But I'm huffing a large amount of Copium just writing that sentence.

The biggest gripe I have is that the story does not explain itself at all.
At best it just handwaves terrible explanations and just expects you to go along with everything.
But you could argue it's a form of storytelling since the characters themselves do not know what is going on.
Given time it might turn out fine...

For example...
The MC supposedly is the land itself, which is fine and all.
But at the same time also seems to have or can create an earth/mud avatar that he can use to communicate with.
So he gets over the "unable to talk" issue in seconds and people can somehow understand AND recognise him with only minor issues?
Despite being nothing more than a mud figure who should not be able to talk at all...

They never explain how that even happened in the first 10 chapters outside of "Darkness Makes You Stronger".
(Darkness is the mysterious power that mutated everything and the magic shenanigans rule does apply here )

There is also the potato plant monster ( again, in a forest in the middle of nowhere? )
That gained powers strong enough to threaten the MC´s life and is also but 1 chapter later shown to have intelligence equal to a human.

Instead of running away or fighting to the death, unlike all the other corrupted monsters who are all animalistic and feral.
( and also once were humans )

When nothing other than humans and this one random potato plant in fucking nowhere seemed to have mutated from the sunlight that is causing the mutations.

Not to mention there is also a human character being able to communicate with it the MC (and the plant monster)
Without any issue at all for no explained reason straight off the bat.

Other people can recognise his mud avatar.
But to them, it looks like a mud creature made by a 6-year-old.

The explanation was "She used to like working with plants" and that makes basically no sense at face value.
Granted this could just be a case of foreshadowing her being blessed with plant powers like the MC later on.
And I would have been OK with that but 10 chapters in there are no signs of that just yet...

She does turn sick after a while so there is still hope for her becoming a super mutant who keeps her sanity.
Other than the MC and the random potato plant nobody has kept their sanity so far.
And a plant being as intelligent as a human could be argued as some form of insanity...

There was one guy who could still talk after transforming, even if he was clearly insane.
But his transformation was less than a minute ago which could be why...
Every other human who transforms is a mindless monster who shambles around.

The issue with this is that they set up a problem and just skip over the explanation.
The suspension of disbelief required becomes so extremely heavy it could crush a steel bar.

The early also chapters introduce some events that make no sense if you consider there is an ongoing apocalypse.
An early example is :
The first character he meets just so happens to be a botany student.
Who just happens to be carrying around farm-quality seeds as well as both fertilisers and undiluted pest control substances.
inside a forest in the middle of fucking nowhere during an ongoing apocalypse far from the city!

That was exactly what was needed to fight off the random monster plant.
who for some reason was a potential threat to the MC...
Who is shown a few pages before being able to crush two living human mutants into mulch by terraforming himself...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread