Treading on Fire, Yuwen Jun! - Ch. 32

Double-page supporter
@The_Look_Of_Disapproval IKR, such cliche melodrama.

N9uC.gif

Group Leader
Yep, pacing. Damn, it's always like that with Chinese Manhua...

The premise of this story could have been so good. I mean, a strange and mysterious Chinese young man comes to Japan for an arranged marriage with a Japanese girl. She could have ties with the Yakuza, he could have ties with the Triad or something. Make them meet, hate each other, but slowly discover each other good points in 30-40 chapters, then add drama with the attempted kidnapping, resolve the arc in 10-15 chapters, then the auction, .....

Or, like this manga, the guy arrives in Japan, they hate each other. And then she attempts to beat him up with hired thugs, he beats them instead. And then they go to an auction house where he buys a super expensive piece for cheap. And then she bets irresponsibly that she can win a race, gets betrayed by her usual pilote. And then she gets saved again by the guy by winning the race by falling off a cliff with a "Porsche" that looks more like a mix of a Ferrari F50 and a Dodge Viper... And then flashback of her school life, with resolution and everything...
All that in ONE FUCKING NIGHT! (and 32 chapters).

Yeah, after reading this shit, I think I will stop trying to find good Chinese Manhua stories.
I've read tons of them and dropped most of them. Chinese authors are shit at pacing their stories, and everything seems more like a cashgrab than passionate authors trying hard to find their places in the Manga industry.

Edit: I just checked. I have 51 Chinese Manhua dropped on MangaDex... only 4 remain: Tales of Demons and Gods (looks like Naruto, is nothing like it), Yaoguai Mingdan (Dumb story with great pacing and well defined arcs), Star Martial God Technique (Super cliched story, but good pacing and interesting characters) and Retired Heroes (I didn't even know this was Chinese. It's good, even by Japanese standards)

Double-page supporter
@aFFi I've had a similar experience with the overwhelming majority of them.

Here are a few suggestions if you're interested:

Chinese Manhua, minimal character interaction, lots of action, it has very short chapters, shitty-pacing: https://mangadex.org/title/21630/chong-sheng-resurrection

Chinese Manhua, Xianxia-like, not an adaptation, Isekai, each harem member gets an arc, there's tons of fanservice, average-pacing: https://mangadex.org/title/18393/demon-spirit-seed-manual

Korean webtoon, RPG status screen, evolution system, grimdark setting, weak to strong MC, excellent pacing: https://mangadex.org/title/28778/skeleton-soldier-couldn-t-protect-the-dungeon

Fed-Kun's army
Well there is this saying that goes like: "sometimes being kind hurts more than being mean" and FMC knows how to use it like that.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was lame. So the bitchy girl is painted as a good perfect girl and the other girl is just vilified? : /

Users who are viewing this thread