Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 10 - The Devil’s Mark

🔥🔥🔥🔥👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Double-page supporter
So this is tomboy witch or is the tanned one a tomboy as well? 🤔

It could be interesting if some noble start to follow Makito's devil worshiping. Reformation could be started earlier

Fed-Kun's army
I really enjoy this, I definitely understand the need for the "evil corporation/antagonists" to be like seemingly invincible. However, if the Inquisition people start being able to see through or figure out ALL of the MCs "magic" I'm definitely going to drop this. Especially if it's that "eyes closed" guy. I get it, he's super intelligent but, come on really? The dude is from an era that was decimated by the Black Plague. People in that era thought innocent woman "witches" were the cause of their lives being ruined. So, even if he's the smartest man on the planet, his imagination shouldn't be able to fully comprehend a lot of the MC tricks that are based off centuries ahead of his time... However, I bet they'll use the fact the MC has to use "era modern/non-21st century" methods to use his tricks, as a way for the Inquisition people to understand what the MC is doing.

Fed-Kun's army
@codydub03
From what we've seen, it seems the people of the church are already familiar with some magic tricks of their own. Both Father Boguet and Father Filippo used them to perform their witch hunts, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Hammer inquisitors have their own too. They're not gullible peasants, but rival "magicians", so to speak. Even if they don't know about modern technology, just knowing it must be a trick should give them an edge.

Meanwhile, Makito is also limited by Medieval means. If anything, I'm more worried that he'll get his hands on even crazier techniques despite not having any industrial capacity at his disposal because the stakes will become higher and higher.

Dex-chan lover
-Big boobed kind oneesan
-Delicious chocolate
-Short hair tomboy
Makito has a pretty nice selection of waifus.

Fed-Kun's army
@Misticsan I understand that. I guess, I don't exactly know how to explain it. I wasn't really trying to say that the MC needs to trick the Inquisition people with "magic" It's more like how intelligent they are being portrayed for their era, is kind of bonkers to me. I can agree with the Inquisition people knowing everything the MC does is an act. I mean, they basically said, that they can't expose the MC as a fraud "devil" without people questioning the legality of the churches previous actions regarding their own "miracles".

I was more referring to that it would be kind of insane for them to be able to see threw all his acts and figure them out. I mean, they all obviously fake their own "miracles" for the gullible peasants. So, for them to question whether the MCs "magic" is real or not from the very start is understandable. BUT, how the guy literally looked at the ground, saw the sap, and then boom figured out how the MC did not just one trick, but two. It's completely insane to me. Even if they're "rival magicians" they don't have the imagination of someone from the 21st century. It makes no sense. Magicians from the 21st century know that magic is an act and they can still get stumped by it. So, for people from the medieval era, figuring out things they've never seen before with just one thing is nuts. One person figuring out some things about it, maaaaybeee, but all of it figured out, by all of them?? Naa...

Edit: Sorry, if I ranted a bit. I'm trying my best to explain what I mean. I guess, I could sum it up to if the Inquisition people -- in dialogue, explain how the MC made his head appear in a box(similarly to the box shown with his head in it, when he was recruiting the blacksmith girl to join his group) I'm dropping this.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the church guys are way too smart. An accurate representation would be like the bishop in Castlevania (the netflix anime) who believe in the doctrine but is still cunning, but definitely doesn't understand science. Like idk I think maybe fox eyes might just be from the future as well

Bruh, I mean; a woman's stronger than you? WITCH!! well, whatever medieval europe

As some have already said, if the villains are just gonna "I see..." and "Interesting..." this entire time, while figuring everything out, I'm dropping this. This story has already dropped all the pretenses of not just being a standard shounen battle manga (just with unusual gimmicks, like Food Wars), so at least put some effort into being an interesting battle manga. Starting with the antagonists.
For example, JOJO exists quite some time already and has inspired so much action manga, but for some reason the one thing most authors refuse to learn from it is how to write interesting antagonists. The Villains in JOJO are never of the "closed eye, creepy smile, I know everything" kind, but have to struggle just as much as the protagonists for their goals and, crucially, during the battles (For Anime onlys: this is most apparent in part 4 and 5, but was always there).
The reason why we are also getting so much inner monologue from the villains is precisely to let this dynamic unfold. It makes the action much more suspenseful than the lazy shit most action manga today seem to pull. In the real of shounen, there are only really two greatly popular series that can compete in that regard: One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. One Piece to a far, far, far lesser extent, but nonetheless, I believe this a big reason for why these two manga are so popular.

So...there is nothing really interesting on the horizon in this manga. Next MCs gonna recruit the typical kuudere swordswomen that also likely gets accused of being a witch because she's strong. If there isn't a twist in the general story progression soon, the real magic of this will be how quickly it can bore you to death.

Users who are viewing this thread