Trojan detected while reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in the middle of reading, I had received a notification about a malicious website being blocked from my browser. Is there anything I should be concerned about regarding MangaDex security?

The log is of the block is as follows:

Code:
Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 2/21/23
Protection Event Time: 5:41 PM
Log File: d56454d8-b238-11ed-82b1-18c04d2f56f5.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.5.22.236
Components Version: 1.0.1915
Update Package Version: 1.0.65971
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: yhjynf3bz7sjj.y5xsvhnvcvwf4.mangadex.network
IP Address: 104.244.79.235
Port: 4443
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

(end)

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Looking through the Discord it looks like a false positive as there was a message with the exact same ip and with this as a response:
Tristan 9 said on Discord: →

yeah, MB is garbage and flags one MDAH node that ran tor more than a year ago
of course they never removed the stupid warning
not much we can do
(MDAH: MandaDex@Home)

Solution
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Looking through the Discord it looks like a false positive as there was a message with the exact same ip and with this as a response:

(MDAH: MandaDex@Home)

Yep, MB flags the IP itself as a trojan despite performing zero analysis on any of the traffic coming from it.

I just got the same issue, with the same exact domain. Glad to hear it's a false positive. Do I need to add an exclusion for it, though? It doesn't appear to have impacted site functionality at all.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I just got the same issue, with the same exact domain. Glad to hear it's a false positive. Do I need to add an exclusion for it, though? It doesn't appear to have impacted site functionality at all.
MDAH has many nodes serving the images so if the request fails to go through to one of them i imagine it automatically tries another, but putting an exclusion for it will (probably?) at least make it so the warning doesn't pop up again :nyoron:

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
In theory, blocking this IP should just make your loading times longer while it waits for the fallback to kick in, it shouldn't fail outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread