Tsuihou no Kenja, Sekai wo Shiru ~Osanajimi Yuusha no Atsuryoku kara Nigete Jiyuu ni Natta Ore~ - Ch. 35 - Intruder

Dex-chan lover
You can have your code of ethics about killing people, I can understand it! But will you let someone kill you to protect your ethics? You think people who depend on you will appreciate it while mourning your death? What about the people who will get hurt or die because you blindly follow your code? When your, or your friends, or innocent life are in danger, it's OK to go all out even if your opponent die! You still have your ethics AND your friends are alive!

Dex-chan lover
It's not that killing him alone is necessarily an evil act, it's just that Haru has a code of ethics. If he crosses that line, no matter how "reasonable" it is, who's to say he won't cross it again?
But in this case, he's valuing his ethics above innocent people getting killed. If his choice to not kill a killer is based on ethics alone, those ethics aren't worth the paper they're written on. It's different if he's for one reason or another unable to do it, even if it's because he just can't bring himself to kill someone else, but as a rational choice, there is no moral excuse.

And if his ethics to never cross the line in the first place is the only thing holding him back from crossing it whenever he feels like it, it's nothing but a thin chain holding back a monster.

Dex-chan lover
"Code of ethics".

If a bandit is _____ing your family in front of you, or a panther is mauling your face.
And you're seriously asking if killing them makes you a bad guy.

That's not "Code of ethics".
That's "Stupidity incompatible with life".

Authors like this really need to pull their head out of their ass. Well past "wangst" territory here.
And straight into "I don't have enough life experience to write, so I say things I think sound cool."

It's one thing if it's a conscripted soldier in "All Quiet On The Western Front" debating the morality of war.
It's another for an civilian adventurer being attacked by an unapologetic murderer in fantasy work.

Users who are viewing this thread