Tsukuoki Life: Weekend Meal Prep Recipes! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - The Taste of Autumn ☆ Simmered Satsumaimo with Lemon and Sweet & Spicy Pork Stir Fry

Dex-chan lover
Japan/Korea sure loves sweet potatoes lol. Even in french fry form i could never get into them lol

Fed-Kun's army
A sweet and "spicy" pork with absolutely no spices/chilies whatsoever in the recipe =D

Fitting for this chapter since the naming sense of sweet potatoes is wacky in US english already- botanically speaking, sweet potatoes are not potatoes and they are also not yams. And correct me if wrong, all similar starchy tubers in Japan are called some sort of "imo"芋- jagaimo for conventional potatoes (solarum tuberosum), satsuma imo for the chapter's type of sweet potato (Convulvulaceae- the flowering morning glory family- I think water spinach is in this family?), satoimo for eddo/taro (Colocasia esculenta), and yamaimo for the yam (Dioscorea)- maybe this leads to similar confusion in recipes there? Specifically- u can't just swap a sweet potato for potato:yam:taro 1:1 in a recipe- for instance, to address what Echogirl mentioned, a sweet potato fry is not going to taste or have the same texture as a conventional potato version, tho u can make it tasty as a fry, just different.

Group Leader
A sweet and "spicy" pork with absolutely no spices/chilies whatsoever in the recipe =D

Fitting for this chapter since the naming sense of sweet potatoes is wacky in US english already- botanically speaking, sweet potatoes are not potatoes and they are also not yams. And correct me if wrong, all similar starchy tubers in Japan are called some sort of "imo"芋- jagaimo for conventional potatoes (solarum tuberosum), satsuma imo for the chapter's type of sweet potato (Convulvulaceae- the flowering morning glory family- I think water spinach is in this family?), satoimo for eddo/taro (Colocasia esculenta), and yamaimo for the yam (Dioscorea)- maybe this leads to similar confusion in recipes there? Specifically- u can't just swap a sweet potato for potato:yam:taro 1:1 in a recipe- for instance, to address what Echogirl mentioned, a sweet potato fry is not going to taste or have the same texture as a conventional potato version, tho u can make it tasty as a fry, just different.
Thank you for your comment. You're completely right lol this was an error on our part it's supposed to be sweet and salty not spicy TT. My TL is unwell and wasn't able to catch it in time. Since it's a pretty huge mistake, I'll try and correct it and re-upload the chapter asap. Thanks for pointing this out and for reading <3

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for your comment. You're completely right lol this was an error on our part it's supposed to be sweet and salty not spicy TT. My TL is unwell and wasn't able to catch it in time. Since it's a pretty huge mistake, I'll try and correct it and re-upload the chapter asap. Thanks for pointing this out and for reading <3
oh no, sorry, I hope it didn't come across as rude! 😳 I really thought that perhaps it was an original typo in the raws or something so just thought it was coincidentally funny with the all the possible naming confusion of sweet potatoes, hence my food ramble 😅 Hope your translator gets better, all your group's work on the manga is very appreciated! =)

Users who are viewing this thread