Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 13 Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
As bittersweet as it is that Takae is helping Morita as she is, wouldn't giving her the ability to make the exact same food as Keisuke's dead wife only serve to constantly remind him about Takae? that seems like a risky venture if you're trying to heal someone's heart and make a place for yourself in it.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the TL!

I understand Takae's thinking by helping Moriya-san, but I think it's counterproductive, as Moriya-san should try to win Keisuke over with her own "power", otherwise she'd just be a fake Takae instead of a new partner, which means neither would be happy in the end. I hope this fails and they manage to solve the issue another way.

Dex-chan lover
As bittersweet as it is that Takae is helping Morita as she is, wouldn't giving her the ability to make the exact same food as Keisuke's dead wife only serve to constantly remind him about Takae? that seems like a risky venture if you're trying to heal someone's heart and make a place for yourself in it.
Its a source of respect. "It is impossible to be your widowed wife but I can help you as a new source of comfort. I took the time to learn your favorite dishes. Your wife helped me. She has granted me her blessing to take care of you as the new wife".

Group Leader
I think the worst part si that this arc id sloe and to make it even more painful than it needs to be.

Dex-chan lover
If she only cooks Takae's dishes perhaps. It's not some magic bullet, the biggest reason Nijimi likes Takaes dishes is because it was made by her. But Morita cooking Takae dishes intentionally is accepting Takae as having been part of Nijimis past. Accepting and being grateful alongside Nijimi, and keeping part of her alive.

Thanks for the TL!

I understand Takae's thinking by helping Moriya-san, but I think it's counterproductive, as Moriya-san should try to win Keisuke over with her own "power", otherwise she'd just be a fake Takae instead of a new partner, which means neither would be happy in the end. I hope this fails and they manage to solve the issue another way.
Frankly it's not a happy ending for Moriya regardless.

Becoming Takae instead of being loved for who she is seems soul crushing.
If Moriya just tries to become Takae, then yeah. If she only cooks the old and never her own stuff.

But she was 100% open about these dishes coming from Takae, so her cooking them is accepting Takae's part of the family. No different from someone cooking grandma's recipe at family gatherings.

This shouldn't be used as a foot in the door or a magic bullet or a shortcut, but rather just a sign of respect and honor to how important Takae is/was. Takae is important to them, so she is important to Moriya too. "I love you, so I love Takae and her cooking also".

At this point I think Moriya trying to be Takae would actually backfire if that is truly what she is attempting.

Supporter
Yeah, I kind of feel like Moriya would not want to marry Keisuke under those circumstances. I can't see her wanting to be a straight replacement for Takae. She is her own person, with her own history, tastes, and wants.If Keisuke and Mai just want someone who will be a carbon copy of Take, it's going to lead to a bad time for everyone.

So apparently Takae wants to be remembered, if only for a little dish.
Comeon, just throw her a bone there, she deserves that much.

Users who are viewing this thread