Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 13 Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
This seems kinda forced and not natural. Keisuke should've at least consulted his daughter first or had better communication with her about this.
Throwing this as a surprise might not be the best way....
idk, this is a tough situation, in real life, if a widow parent decided to remarry or get in a new relationship, they wouldn't need to consult their child on their happiness unless the child is still relatively young and still dependent on the parent. It's hard here cus takae wants to move on and let her husband move foward in his life without her. Takae knows mai will be fine as we saw in the fake wedding, the husband has the harder situation. I agree that keisuke should prolly have talk to mai about moving foward, but the only conversation they can really have is that they have to pull the bandaid off and move fowards with thei lives so takae can pass on and bring back the daughter. giving mai the preperation or not, it doesn't lessen the damage that they have to let takae fully pass away/move on.

You do not need to remarry to "move on" from a previous relationship. I'm always tryna honor a previous relationship and ig thats just me, but hes already passed the point of "needing" to remarry anyways, as his daughter is already getting married, has a job, and is an adult. No reason to remarry from my POV especially considering how the story had previously positioned him against remarrying.

and on the point of loneliness its honestly bullshit lil bros just gotta learn to socialize i dont know what to tell you.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that Takae is still around makes everything read a bit weirder and off putting, and that may be the point. Normally the dad wouldn't have to worry about telling their adult daughter that they're thinking of getting remarried. But for Mai who is out of the loop of what Takae and Keisuke are doing its not even close to the same thing. Its not even close to a surprised divorce; her mom is going to die again. She didn't get an arc to grieving or come to terms like the two of them did. They're just banking on her soon to be husband to fill the hole in her heart and that seems a little shallow. It doesn't seem like they're thinking of these external relationships, Moriya and Renji, as support but as ways to fill a hole and that, doens't feel right.

Dex-chan lover
idk, this is a tough situation, in real life, if a widow parent decided to remarry or get in a new relationship, they wouldn't need to consult their child on their happiness unless the child is still relatively young and still dependent on the parent. It's hard here cus takae wants to move on and let her husband move foward in his life without her. Takae knows mai will be fine as we saw in the fake wedding, the husband has the harder situation. I agree that keisuke should prolly have talk to mai about moving foward, but the only conversation they can really have is that they have to pull the bandaid off and move fowards with thei lives so takae can pass on and bring back the daughter. giving mai the preperation or not, it doesn't lessen the damage that they have to let takae fully pass away/move on.
Mai is old enough + is about to start her new life with someone so she should be more in the loop. This is the same style when Takae died, Keisuke didn't focus much on Mai.
I also referred to it being forced because we didn't really have any chapters to where Keisuke did start to warm up to the new girl. It just kinda is a slap on the wrist and say "Lets get married for the sake of getting married"

Double-page supporter
This seems kinda forced and not natural. Keisuke should've at least consulted his daughter first or had better communication with her about this.
Throwing this as a surprise might not be the best way....
That may be true, but we should put Keisuke's character into consideration. He didn't have the best life ever since his wife died. It took him over two decades to move on, and even in doing so, he still had moments of indecisiveness even after he realise the gravity of his wife's posession. As irrational as it is, I don't think it far fetched for him to hide his plans from his daughter.

Dex-chan lover
You do not need to remarry to "move on" from a previous relationship. I'm always tryna honor a previous relationship and ig thats just me, but hes already passed the point of "needing" to remarry anyways, as his daughter is already getting married, has a job, and is an adult. No reason to remarry from my POV especially considering how the story had previously positioned him against remarrying.

and on the point of loneliness its honestly bullshit lil bros just gotta learn to socialize i dont know what to tell you.
He’s doing this so Takae can literally see that he is being taken care of so that she doesn’t have any regrets left that bind her to this world. They made it pretty clear

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of ironic that Mai was really opposed to Keisuke remarrying 'reincarnated' Takae in the beginning of the story and has experienced shock now, because there is going to be a new 'Takae'.
The overall inconsistency makes the culmination seem too rushed, especially regarding Mai whom the author made totally unaware of the current situation.

Dex-chan lover
While it's indeed possible this could be Keisuke and Moriya saying something about marriage, I think y'all are jumping the gun. This could just be them getting ready to debrief Mai about Takae passing on. Keisuke and Takae know each other are trying to do that, and Moriya was given enough context clues by Takae that this is the plan. The only one out of the loop so far is Mai and I feel like this may be a good way for them to do it, even when it's not pleasant.

Whelp, they just made this more complicated than it was supposed to be. It's hard, as much as someone suffering from a terminal disease (which is basically the situation there).
TL;DR Just tell your daughter you'll die (again) soon instead.

Users who are viewing this thread